I could use some true friends asap

Old 12-07-2005, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I could use some true friends asap

I don't drink, smoke, or do drug, but I am going crazy, dealing with this addict, I am new here, I have seach high and low for someone who can relate to my life, and I think God I found this place.. I am 40 yrs old and been married to my -husband for over 25yrs, yell young and dumb that me,, but now I am getting older and can see some light,, I don't know no other way, even though he killing me slowly, and I know it, seem like I can't move, I don't know no other way, I have no one else. he use me and abuse me, he make me feel like I am the drug addict. I chang my ways just to keep him from accusing me.

all I know is I am glad to be here in a place I can express my feeling and get any feed back.. I pray for a new life a better life, new frends, true friends. please help me I am so so sad.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lady
Welcome to Sober Recovery.
There are lots of people here who understand what you're going through.
It helps to know we're not alone.
Many people find additional help at Alanon and Naranon meetings.
That is a good way to meet people face to face who are dealing with similar situations.
Glad you found us, stick around.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome lady - yep lots of us have been down that road you are on but there is light at the end og the road. do check out al-anon or nar-anon meetings. post away - there are plenty of friends here to help you if you stumble!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JLE

Hi All, I read Lady2's post and it sounded alot like me. I too am looking for answers to this crazy world. I recently went though a family program that helped to open my eyes to so much, but have only made one support group and could really use someone with experience to advise me ....can anyone help me?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi JLE - welcome. please look into al-anon or nar-anon (whichever fits your situation) and read the stickies at the top of this section. learn as much as you can and tell us a bit about your situation. more folks will be arounf to post i'm sure. you are not alone!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

All of my friends are true friends.
All of my friends Ive met in my fellowship

Al-anon.

Help, hope and hugs.............Come on over, we're waiting for you!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Service is a Key

Welcome lady2;

You are not alone.

I'll keep you in my prayers tonight.

God Bless.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same here....

I too have been married along time, have had some very nice times in our life although the last several years as his drinking increases it gets worse and worse. I also am tired of his drinking and also have been abused physically and for some reason it is only mentally now. Scars are deeper but if you keep in touch with reality you will know that this is their disease not ours....we are only responsible for what we contribute. I have been married to him for about 19 years....I have absolutley no feelings except for thankfulness for giving me three wonderful children and pity for his state of mind now knowing he has more to offer this world than his current contributions.....I no longer love him as a wife should love her husband, I love him because he was created by a wonderful God and I love people. I am a child of a recovered alcoholic of 35 years and have been introduced to Al-Anon and Alateen through my mother and am aware of the group help but not so ready for that in our small town, we also are afraid to have drop in company, my husband never misses work and is a good provider, the family needs come first as far as money, he loves his kids and loves to make them happy when he is sober although he is mean and hurtful when drunk espeically to me and they hate that. Please reply and know that you are not alone...there is a lot of us.... :-)
Old 12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

New members join our forum all the time, but rarely three in one thread. You've come to the right place for support. We all traveled a similar path with our alcoholic loved ones--one that eventually led us to join SoberRecovery in search of help. I certainly found the help I needed here, and you will, too. So grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable, read the stickies at the top of the forum, read posts by other members, and please do tell us more about yourselves.

Why don't you start new threads of your own and tell us what led you to this forum so we can get to know you? Looking forward to learning more about each of you.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Want to form an alliance? :.)

lady2: Hey sista. Just thought I would tell you that I've spent my last 22 years learning how to live with the type your talking about. I'm messed up on a lot of things still to this day, but fear not for thy light shines like the Lords face that lay before you!

The important thing is that you now see this. It's a sad ordeal, but better late then never.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to all three of you, this is the greatest site.
As Former Doormat said. Please tell us more about youselves. Read everything and posting here helps so very much. Take what you can use and leave the rest. So much to learn, glad you foind us .
Also sunflrgal, Please go to Al-Anon even in a small town, you all need each other, or go to one in a nearby town to get started. We need both Al-Anon and here.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Lady2...so glad you found us...
You will find support and friendship here. Most of us have been where you are or are
there now, just as you are.
You are not crazy.......
That's what addicts try to make us believe
That's what addicts do....
Keep coming back.....
Old 12-08-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Friend Here!

You have a friend in the old North State! Nice to meet you!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Hi Lady2, Welcome to SR. Just know you are not alone. Just know that you are not alone. Keep coming back for support. I know how hard it is to deal with this. You have found friends here. Just take it easy on your self and try to focus on the positives. I will keep you in my prayers tonight! With love,
Old 12-09-2005, 12:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Feel free to express your feelings. It's good to get them out. I know it's hard to find people who truly understand. Until you go thru something like this, it's really difficult to understand things, etc. I just don't think people who have not been thru this can understand. Many of the people who work in the addiction industry are either addicts or have been the victim of addicts in their lifetime.