Hello Everyone

Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone! This is my first post here although i've posted on the newcomer's thread. I have read your stories and i empathise and sympathise with every one. When do you stop feeling responsible or partly to blame for AO behaviour or thought process? When my marriage broke up, i was so full of anger and had such low self-esteem, that anyone who looked at me twice i fell for. Anyway, i got myself into a relationship with a man who was kind and good and who was good to me and my son. I tended to "overlook" the fact that he was heavily reliant on alcohol and forgave any outbursts of rage, both physically and mentally that he subjected me to. It got so that i would drink with him to stop him from drinking more, if you know what i mean.To cut a long story short, after six years with this man, and almost destroying myself in the process, i finally realised that i had to cut all ties for myself and more importantly, my son. I have been free for four years from him.I wish him well with all my heart and hope that he has found his happiness. I myself have been sober for almost one month now thanks to AA and my HP. God bless everyone and thank you for reading.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi libralady - welcome and thanks for sharing your story. congrats on your sobriety and keep coming back - this is an awesome sight with great folks!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Libralady and welcome to SR!!

Congrats on your almost 1 month, you are making the best choice for you right now! Thank you for taking the time to share a little bit about yourself and I look forward to seeing you around!

Hugs & Laughter
GRUMPY
Old 12-07-2005, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Welcome to SR Libralady! Pull up a chair and stick around, great to have you here! AND great to hear about your commitment to sobriety and keeping yourself and your sons best interests a priority!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Libra,
Yes, welcome. As you have probably seen, this is a very active group, one where support pours in around the clock. Glad you're here.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR... we are glad you joined us.

Congrads on the 1 month, It takes alot of strength to go through what you have and now begin your own recovery.

I hope you hang out and let us get to know you