Notices

Do it for You!

Old 12-03-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do it for You!

Today I went to get the personal effects from the car I wrecked while drunk. Before going, with my wife, I wrote the possible outcomes on paper and sealed them in an envelope. It could be good, "I'm so glad you're alive", or bad, "You cost us money, how will we replace the car". It was bad, and still is.

Support was there for the first couple of days, then it was inconvenient to pick up soda, so I switched to water. I still don't want to drive, the accident was terrible and I still have nightmares, but I guess I'll have to.

Trapped at home under constant attack is beastly. You'd think I'd want a tall Jack and Coke or six. But you know what? I don't. I really thought my home life would be better after quitting. But it isn't.

Quitting is for me, nobody else. Just me, me, me. I like the way I am now. I like it alot.

So if you're not getting the support or understanding you want and need, if helping you with little things or errands is too much of a burden, so what. Do it for you.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post. I am doing it for me. I know what you mean about thinking it would get easier. It takes time. I had built the trust back up, and then relapsed. I feel like an idiot for giving all that up. Now I have to start all over. For me. If they forgive me again, great. If not, I don't have to use over it!

Sherry