Notices

hydrecodone recovery

Old 12-03-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hydrecodone recovery

Hello Again I am stilll trying to get off the hydros. It looks like my system needs 4 number 10's a day to be happy. The main problem that I am having is I am starting to wake up in he morning with terrible head aches. I never have had problems with headaches. It feels like the front of my temples are in a vise. No Fun. Any suggestions sure would heap. TKS Going through the hip replacements was easier than this addiction.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I recently had an experience with Hydrecodones this spring. I've been in recovery for 18 years and clean for the last 14 +. I needed surgery and they sent me home with a prescription for hydrecodones for pain management. I used them as prescribed for the first day and a half, and began to taper down the latter part of day 2. By day 4 I only took one. By the night of day 5 I was severely depressed, emotionally drained, and felt the old familiar fear and loathing that I'd had a daily reprieve fomr for many years.

THis is notthe first time I have taken prescribed pain killers in my recovery or had some after effects when I stopped taking them. i followed through in what has sucessfully worked for me in the past. More frequent meetings, contacting my support network, and trusting the recovery process would level me out once again.

In less than a week I was feeling myself again, and had no resurgent cravingsor doubts about needing pain medication.

Don't be fooled by what your addicted body/mind/spirit is telling you "looks" to be what you need. Most of us find that i the long run the medication stops working for pain management and wnds up only semi satisfactorily feeding the craving.

We discover that we have higher tolerance for pain than we might ever have believed.

You can do this. I know at least 100 recovering addicts who deal with chronic pain through alternative methods.

more than a few of them frequent this site.

just in case you don't allready know, you wouldn't be a stranger in a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. many of us find our way there through a prescription problem.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent advice Gooch!
Old 12-04-2005, 03:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for ur support, with time i will get through this just like i have other things in the past. Hapy Holidays to all
Old 12-06-2005, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rough times

LAMP,

I know what you must be going through. I was in a bad accident a few years ago. Well, when I got out of the hospital about 3 weeks later, My pain manangement doctor put me on 90 7.5's a month. It was effective for the pain that I was going through, but it quickly became a crutch. As I healed, I knew that I didn't need the meds, yet each time I would visit the doctor, I would tell him that I was still feeling some pain so that he would give me another script. Crazy,I know, but its true. After taking the pills for about 8 more months, I woke up one day and thought to myself......What in the hell am I doing. I stopped cold turkey. I can clearly say, one of the worst times of my life. I was irritable, couldn't sleep, didn't want to exercise, and just generally depressed. After about a couple of weeks, this faded and life began to return to normal. Once you make it past the first few days, the rest is gravy. Good luck to you.....
Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello All Thanks for ur support. I got another kick in the pants today. I finally went to the Dr about the headaches and feeling bad. My 02 Sat was 85%. I was automataccally set up for a sleep test for Sleep Apena. Also i was perscribed oxygen for the house 24/7. That will never work . Part time yes but not all of the time. Some of the symptoms that I was contributing to the addiction was low o2 levels, which is not good either. I have been using the 02 most of the day and am feeling a lot better, and have not taken a hydro yet. YEA. Some of lifes roads are rocky and i am learning to just kick the rocks out of the way and truck on down the road. But man some of the roads are real rocky also. jsut more rocks right.

I am hoping that by using the o2 just at night it will be enough to get by on with a better quality of life. Only time will tell.. Lets see get of the cigartees, hydros and now get on o2, does anyone know how to juggle he he he Kenneth