Notices

I never really planned on stopping

Old 11-29-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I never really planned on stopping

I smoked pot several times a day, had to stop for probation, am having a rough time.
Nobody did this to me.
I have nobody to blame.
This isnt anyones fault.
If I did not start using I would not have had to stop.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by singer
I smoked pot several times a day, had to stop for probation, am having a rough time.
Nobody did this to me.
I have nobody to blame.
This isnt anyones fault.
If I did not start using I would not have had to stop.
Want some help getting through it? You're not alone.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugah
Want some help getting through it? You're not alone.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Yeah.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should take this oppurtunity to find other things in your life to occupy your time and find enjoyment from. Getting high is not worth failing a drug test. Good luck to you, and keep coming back here and browse the forums and stay active and post. You know you can do it. You have all of our support and my guess and hope for you is that you will find alot of things you were missing out on while not being sober.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Keep coming around, singer. Keep reading, keep posting - you'll find a lot of people who have been in your shoes.

Question is - now that you've had to stop, do you really want to?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

You need to break the old routine of your life.
Walking helps, petting the dog or cat, Build something, clean something. Your car, home, pet. Keeping busy will help keep your mind off smoking pot.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do believe this is a good thing, gives me time to clear my head/clean out my system, I used to think I would be able to stop in a heartbeat, I never really understood addiction till now, I didnt think it would be this tough, I stopped for a few months when I was 19 now Im 35, that time it wasnt a problem at all, this time is a whole differant ballgame.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Just try to think in terms of TODAY, if you on probation then jail time wold be next?. Thats sounds like some pretty good motivation?

You can go back when your probation is over and the testing stops. By then this might much more sense. trust me if you go to jail, you will stop and if you need that kind of help they will lock you up....to "help" you.

Just for today, dont smoke. repeat daily
Old 11-30-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey there, Singer. Glad you joined us. I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I got kinda thrown for a loop when I quit smoking pot over 22 months ago, too. I had always thought it would be no problem to give it up. Well, it was a problem. A BIG problem. I did manage to do it, though. And I haven't regretted it since. You can do it too.

Hang in there.
Hugs--
Old 11-30-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by singer
I do believe this is a good thing, gives me time to clear my head/clean out my system, I used to think I would be able to stop in a heartbeat, I never really understood addiction till now, I didnt think it would be this tough, I stopped for a few months when I was 19 now Im 35, that time it wasnt a problem at all, this time is a whole differant ballgame.

Im sure this isnt news to you,....but its almost nessessary to sever all ties with pot smoking friends. Even drinking friends. You need to change the way you live your daily life. Get involved in something you enjoy. How about since your quitting something thats BAD for you,....why dont you try going to the gym two or three times a week? Thats what I did. If you had asked me to go to the gym two years ago, I would have laughed in your face,...(then been out of breath)....but now I love it. Im in better shape now at 34 yrs old, than I was back in high school. And that says alot for me, considering back then I wasnt drinking or using and played on a travel hockey and travel soccer team and played indoor soccer. It really has filled that void. I dont even think about drinking anymore. The compulsion to drink lifted for me in about two weeks because I got up and filled it immediately. Good luck to you,..............you CAN do this !!!