For now.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For now.

I had a lovely day - believe it or not spending a morning in town shopping with D. we got a couple of pressies we'd been stuck with from the carboot sales and I got D into a changing room for the second time in his adult life!! (He even said he enjoyed it!!). He needed a second pair of trousers and a smart shirt for the new job and there wasn't really time to get good ones second hand.

I got my lampshade through the post and bought another one it town - I spent the afternoon re-painting a lamp stand we found in the loft (it looks dreadful, so I'm going to plaster it with silver leaf!!).

It was a day of appreciation for me, appreciating right now, appreciating all the twinkling lights, and a pigeon that got a paper bag stuck on it's head (not for long)!! I savoured the joking between us, I savoured moments when D noticed more fairy lights - so we bought some. I savoured the day - Annual Leave before I go back to work and D starts his new job.

For today I didn't forget to love the moment!!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Live for the day...what a wonderful attitude.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sounds like an absolutely splendid day.....
Old 11-28-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

what a wonderful day it sounds like you 2 had and a wonderful attitude to go along with it.

paper bag stuck on a pigeon's head - oh how funny! should of had your camera along!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

...yeah that would have been a funny pic....I never have my camera with me when I really need it....take it away ...Jazzman....I know you've got something good for that comment....lol
Old 11-28-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

the pigeon was so ugly.......
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

should of had your camera along!
Yup!! We both said that. The pigeon went in after crumbs until only it feet were visible - when it tried to get out, it used the run away method.... which oddly worked after a short while and some disruption to passers by!!

It has been a fantastic day, I really feel like things are improving. In reality I know the hard stuff will return but I'll have everything I learned right from the start so in the meanwhile I think it makes sense to say 'Ok, it was a close shave but he seems very much in the right direction.'

I get a great deal of pleasure sometimes from small things. It took about an hour of arm twisting to get him to try on clothes, he thinks it will be horrible. But to see him see himself in something smart and new and smile like a cheshire cat gives me REAL pleasure.

Last week at the car boot sale I saw a proper trader argue the price for a telly with a heavily accented immigrant couple. I noticed the man had no socks!! Normally it's a sad sight where the item price doesn't change, and the immigrants try to ask again only to be refused more rudely. THIS TIME I saw something incredible. The TV was worth at least £40, it was on one of the very few stalls you could see the stuff working, a good make and a video. The trader told them to empty their purses - a grand total of £10 and some change. He sold them the telly for £10!! The wife was almost in tears telling him god would bless him, thanking him, over and over again, the man was dumbstruck, fumbling, smiling. I smiled.

This saturday at the flea market a little girl (about 5 or 6) asked 'The Man' how much for a small cuddly sylvester cat. The very tattooed, hairy trader asked her if she had alot of money, the little girl said yes, she had lots of money, then he said she would need it because it was a very expensive toy. The little girl twisted in her shoes and looked for her dad and asked how much. He gave her the toy - no charge. I smiled.

Today an elderly guy dropped his leather glove, a woman ran over it with her pram but called after him, he didn't hear. D picked up the glove and ran after the man to return it. I smiled.

I think we live in a beautiful world but sometimes get trapped just seeing the grot. Today felt complete, twinkling lights, friendship, and laughter.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Pigeons... yuck! Rats with wings! I worked in downtown DC for a few years and that place is infested with those critters, crapping all over buildings and sidewalks! And such contempt! When you walk on the sidewalk and a few of then have NO choice but to get out of your way, the looks they give you!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think we live in a beautiful world but sometimes get trapped just seeing the grot. Today felt complete, twinkling lights, friendship, and laughter.
that's absolutely where i was at equus - too tied up in all the stuff to see the beauty all around me. no blinders again for this girl!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I was reveling in your post, enjoying your day right alongside you until...Jazzman brought me back down to earth with pigeon crap! Thanks, Jazz.