Notices

Having a bad day? Don't let it ruin your day.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a bad day? Don't let it ruin your day.

I had a lot of running around to do this morning.Im a painter and had to match a color at a a paint store I rarely deal with.They were really slow.I go accross the street to Home Depot to spend more money.Why not? After picking up a new sander and a few things I didnt really need I go back to get my paint.Then I stop at Sherwin Williams and that takes forever.Leaving the store I go to make a call and no service.Im not broke but I still forget to pay bills sometimes.So,I have to stop and make a payment to get my phone going.I get to the job and break out my new sander.I call Home Depot and ask if I can go to another store since I am now accross town.No problem.I ask if they can have one at the counter to save time.This is all costing me money.He says no just ask when you walk in and they will bring another while you fill out the form.Form? I gotta fill out a form? Whatever. I get there and ask for another one.Of course I have to go get it myself.Tool section is layed out a little different than my local store.Cant find it.Cant find any help either.When I do find help he cant find my sander either.He looks in the computer."Yup,we have 3 of them in stock" Cool,I only need one.Where is it? After another 20 minutes they locate one.Then he says you can pay for that over there.No,I allready paid for it.He doesnt beleive me and goes with me to customer service.The kid says its all good.Its paid for.So I head out the door.The freakin alarm goes off.I used to get high over a lot less.Today its just life.I am still clean and sober.I guess its not such a bad day after all.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Whew!!! ((((((((((T2S)))))))))) I have had many days like that. Thankfully, today wasn't one of them!!

Hugs to you--
Old 11-22-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

painter, you're a painter? where were you when i was cutting in my spare bedroom today? LOL

great story - thanks for sharing - always good to hear a positive story!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Well T2S that is what I do also but I do carpentry also. It sound like living life on lifes terms and what I have been realizing here a lot lately is that very rarely do things go the way that I think they should, yet I have been managing to laugh at it, stay positive, and say OK now what is my lesson here. OH yeah PATIENCE, I wonder sometimes. I am glad you shared I am grateful that today I didn't have to get a sander.

Love Vic
Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a little bit of prep on this house.300-400 sq ft to sand and prime.And approx one qt of spackle and a case of caulking to do.The rest is in pretty good shape.Also this house is in an upscale neigborhood.Could possibly lead to more work in the future.I am grateful to be keeping busy.At 6 months clean,starting and running a business can be scary and over welming for me at times.If the phone doesnt ring I am not bidding any new jobs.Just because I do bid a job doesnt mean I will be doing it.So far God has been providing for me.I am grateful for this.If I was still using none of this would be possible.So when the day doesnt always go my way its not that bad when I look at the whole picture.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Way to go T2S, I needed to hear that.

can you nip over and help me paint the house, I will buy some choccie biscuits
Old 11-23-2005, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

that is my experience everytime i walk in the doors of Home Depot!!!!
Glad you took it as "that's life."
Old 11-23-2005, 01:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you made it through your bad day, my friend. You have grown a lot. Keep up the good work!!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pmaslan
that is my experience everytime i walk in the doors of Home Depot!!!!
Glad you took it as "that's life."
I re-read my first post and realized I forgot to mention the sander was missing the nut to hold the disc on the wheel.That was why I had to go through the Home Depot thing.I bid my work at $40hr.This little incident wasted 2 hours of my time on a $90 sander.But,I remained cool.It is what it is. One day at a time I learn and find a way to apply the 12 steps to every aspect of my life.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Speaking of Home Depot.Do not ever accidently put a pencil in your pocket while shopping at one of their stores. http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/5738551.html
Old 11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dan

Wasted time's a bitch, ain't it