Notices

I to need help

Old 11-22-2005, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I to need help

I to need help to quit drinking. I am about to lose my marriage because of alcohol. We drink and then fight. We both say we are going to quit drinking, but then we always do. Last night we got into another fight and he left. He has not come home yet and I don't know if he will. I can't even call him for he took the cell phone. I am in a neighborhood where I do not know anyone and do not even have a car. I have a 2 year old son who I want to have his father around, but I do not know where to begin. I feel like I have completely hit rock bottom and see no light in my future right now. Any advice on how I can get us both sober if he does come home?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR! Hugs to you and your family.

Please call your local AA and ask for help.

Keep posting here...read the other threads...
there is hope and you are not alone.

Blessings...
Old 11-22-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wanting, you cannot get both of you sober. Each of you has to be willing to seek help. What you CAN do is seek help for yourself and your addiction. It is possible that he will see the change and decide to seek help on his own. Either way, you can only control what you choose to do about the problem.

Carol has suggested AA. I second that. They literally saved my ass and my life! Also, keep posting on here. I suggest you pop over to the alcoholism board and check that out as it applies specifically to alcohol addiction. Read the stickies on this thread and Alcoholism and most importantly, don't drink! It is simple although it is NOT easy! We are here to support you!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 11-22-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((wanting help))--

You sure do need a hug, huh? Stick around here.

You can't make your husband get sober, but you can take care of yourself (and your little one) by starting with you. Do follow CarolD's advice & get in touch with a local AA--they can point you in the right direction. And please keep posting here!

Take care,
jane
Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes to all of the above. You can get sober for YOU and your child. AA is a program of recovery that offers support (the people there understand because they have been there themselves) and tools for living life sober one minute, hour and day at a time. You deserve a better life. AA has helped millions of people. It can help you and your family, too.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the concerns. I will call AA as soon as I get a phone. He took it and I don't know anyone around here. I sure don't want to just start knocking on neighbors doors going "Hi my husband left me here alone and I need to call AA" I am trying to think that he will come home and we will hopefully fix things. I don't want neighbors getting the wrong idea about me.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wanting help just checking in to see how you are doing? Are you okay?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was also wondering how you were doing, Wanting. Your story really stayed with me. I, too, remember those drunken fights where horrible things were said, and either my husband and I ended up leaving--sometimes for days, and eventually for nearly two years. Each time, I thought my universe would collapse (it didn't, btw ). It's one of the saddest, loneliest, most helpless feelings in the world, and I'm so sorry you're going through it. The last I heard, though, you were thinking about cooking a Thanksgiving turkey by yourself, in case your husband had not yet returned. I thought that was a great and constructive idea, personally. At the very least, it is a BIG job, and it might help distract you from other things for a while, namely drinking (believe me, it's nearly impossible to pull off a Thanksgiving dinner while intoxicated--I've tried...lol). Seriously, is everything okay? Please update us if you can. I'm thinking of you, and sending positive thoughts your way, wherever you are. I hope your Thanksgiving has some happiness in it.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

To I Need Help

I don't know because I'm in the same boat.

Let's start a dialogue and help each other to help ourselves.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb cncinc.....Hi

Sorry....I just notuced you and you are off line.

Welcome to SR...

Please start your own thread so more members will see you here.

It's great to see you reaching out. Blessings...