Lucky!

Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Lucky!

Even in hard times I still enjoy his company, his jokes still make me giggle, our kidding together is fun, our hugs mean what they say.

It's hard to believe we're only in the second year of marriage, sometimes tye slippers are out, fire on and rolling pin jokes are flowing. Sometimes it's hard to believe we're more than a month down the line because we still greet with a hug and a cuddle.

I think maybe some of the stuff that's happened this year is about as off balancing as it gets, moves, job changes, alcohol dependency, one hell of a prolonged breakdown, job losses and above all for me learning life holds more possibilities than I ever concieved of.

Perhaps I'd have liked to build foundations a little slower, but life is what it is. I can't help but think that all we've faced this year would either split us or become a foundation for life as a couple, we certainly aren't split!

I love my dotty D, and whatever our chances are I think I'm lucky to have a chance to grow into one half of the most eccentric pair of odd ducks for miles around.

I once said hope was a poor swap for expectation, I think now I realise a chance can be a rare thing and I'm lucky to have this chance.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

A beautiful post. I don't hear the fear and apprehension and that's so good. I hear your heart speaking. And that's grand!!!

Love you both
Old 11-15-2005, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Recovery allows us to remember, and celebrate, and be thankful for the good times.

Robin
Old 11-15-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You two have been through a lot. In my opinion, if you can make it through this, then you can make it through anything. It's been a hell of a year for me too. I would have never thought I could make it thru the things I have. But I'm a stronger person for it. Somehow I got the strength. Sometimes, going thru tough times makes you appreciate all the little things so much more like the silly jokes and kidding!! Before I would get all down over little things, but now I have learned to cope so much better and I look at things with a different light.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think when starting out on anything it's hard to really know whether it will be durable through life's knocks.

I think I had a moment of waking up and smelling the coffee - we have had a lot happen and if nothing else it shown both of us that we've got is durable, it's proving durable.

For a long time I felt jealous of young couples that start out with nothing but expectations that they will stay well and (and where there is warmth and love) stay together. It seemed to me that hope was a lousy swap for that.

Somehow the penny's dropped that hope based not just on life being easy, but on how our relationship has dealt with heavy knocks is worth a hell of alot and there's no easy route to get that.

Today we're going to the local botanical gardens and to get D some proper trousers for his interview/informal chat on Friday. I'll probably need a pig prod to get him to try the trousers on, or to even look at the flippin' things, I know we'll joke, I know he'll be a pain, I know I'll tease him, I know he'll come away with trousers and we will end up laughing. In the gardens it'll be me being the pain, he'll need the pig prod to get me to pay attention to stuff I'm always glad I've paid attention to eventually. He'll come back with 20 different things he wants to look up on the net, I'll fall in love with his photos, but I KNOW we'll end up laughing!

Yep - I think I spent too long not realising, this situation isn't awful, actually we're bloody lucky!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

But Equus, all your posts have always spoken volumes of love, respect, loyalty and union.
And that is an uncommon grace!

love,
Live/Tena
Old 11-16-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

But Equus, all your posts have always spoken volumes of love, respect, loyalty and union. And that is an uncommon grace!
tena summed up my feelings to a tee! i hope i can follow your example in my daily interactions with everyone! you are THE woman!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting !!!!!

Boy do we need to hear this kind of posting... there is hope and I have always said ... the kind of relationship I want is the one where you see the couple older and they still have the "spark" that does not come from a life without issues to work though
Old 11-16-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

THANKYOU!! We have had such a lovely day...

D tried on 2 pairs of trousers (the first thing he's agreed to try on in 2 years!!), the pair he got look lovely!

The tropical house at the botanical gardens was HEAVEN! It was quite small, perfect temperature, sound of running water from the most incredible fish pond and NO-ONE else there. It had such a sense of peace and we've decided to take a flask with us next time + a couple of good books (heheheheh... we'll be wearing matching jackets next!).

D is still getting used to the new camera and moaning that his piccies aren't good enough - I don't agree! I still love what he sees, I see one thing and somehow he sees another, I see the beautiful purple of a flower, he photographs the shadows from the stamen (sp?) I see a plain orange flower, he photographs a pollen forest, I see a mucky bit of glass, he photographs a spider that looks like it has glass legs.

It has just been a lovely, lovely day!!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you want to see some of the piccies...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tml#post717235