Apologized to A

Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Apologized to A

A few months ago I apologized to the A in my life for all the times I told him how to live his life and that I never wanted to be that way again.

I spent most of the summer reading ala non literature, Stephen Covey and Thomas Moore. l hate to admit it even Dr. Phil. My relationship w/ the A was not the main reason I was reading & trying to find understanding.

There was a friend who was over emeshed in my life. She would call me with "lists" of things she felt I should or should not do. She started to tell me how D should wear her make-up, how to raise my child, where I should put things in my home. She felt because she was older, wiser, a teacher (cooking), aunt, godmother she had a "right" to run my life. Well, I tried to set boundaries by saying "NO" and "you need to stop", it did not work. She only found indirect ways to do & say the same things. My resentment built up and then I blew up, relationship over.

____________Beyound the Reflection_______________

The begining of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not try to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

--Thomas Merton

Old 11-11-2005, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The begining of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not try to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

--Thomas Merton
That is perfect. Thank you for sharing.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

--Thomas Merton
wonderful post - thank you so much for sharing!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Demeter
-Thomas Merton
That is a great quote Dem, thanks.