Rituals of letting go???

Old 11-07-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rituals of letting go???

Posted a similar thread in NarAnon forum but thought you guys might have some suggestions here as well.

My divorce waiting period is over on the 28th. After hoping and hoping that he would try to make contact and work things out I have finally realized that it isn't going to happen. I feel better somehow realizing this, but I have a great need to get some kind of closure on this.

I don't want to contact my AH, it only ends up hurting me and sending me spiraling down into depression and anger. My question is though, for those of you who have been through this yourselves...was there any ritual or special something that you did that helped you get emotional closure on the issue? I know that it will help once it is finally over legally, but in the meantime...any suggestions???

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I am not looking for something to take away the pain, or to make a quick fix to my situation, I know that is going to take time. I think what I mean is have any of you had any letting go rituals (like burning pictures, old letters...lighting candles...throwing your ring in the river... etc) that helped you feel as though your decision to move on without this person was solid (not that it was going to be painless from here on out-just that it was decided that it was over). Does this make sense?<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>