How Do You Get Over The Tiredness??

Old 12-12-2002, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

How Do You Get Over The Tiredness??

Hi, everyone!! I haven't started a thread for awhile, but I've been reading and posting on others. For some reason, I feel the need to ask if anyone else is feeling exceptionally tired lately---and I don't mean just physically from all the holiday preparations. I've been in a blue-funk for awhile now---and I honestly feel a tiredness deep in my soul. My daughter is doing wonderful since she came home from rehab (is 45 days clean!!), and we're getting along well since she moved in with me. I'm going to Alanon, reading my books, and trying to take care of myself---but something just isn't right. I probably feel more tired than I ever have in my life---physically, emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually. I'm usually very "up-beat" at Christmastime, but this year is different----and I'm not sure of the cause. I know that since starting Alanon, I've had these emotional awakenings about my past---and it's stirring up things that I've stuffed for so long. Could this be causing my tiredness??? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Blessings to all!! LACEE
Old 12-12-2002, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lacee

Sometimes, when the chaos has stopped and our adrenaline levels are normal again, we feel tired. And also, when we stop and face what has just happened to us, we can feel depressed.

It is part of our healing, and it takes time to work through it. Your daughter is clean and has stayed that way for 45 days (and congratulations to her), so the adrenaline rush has stopped for quite a while. You are working your program and facing your issues, and this too is emotional and tiring.

Some good things to do to get through this are to exercise, go for long walks in the fresh air, dance (by yourself to music), garden if you live in a climate where gardening can still happen this time of year, or anything that will take a little energy and that is healthy.

It takes time to learn how to take good care of ourselves, to know when to play, and to make the effort to focus on great things just for us. But we're worth it. and in time, we start feeling better and alive once again, only this time we have peace and joy replacing chaos and anxiety.

Make a small list of things you can do to be active throughout the day, and then do them. Make them part of your life, and your recovery.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Lacee,

What Ann said is really good. One other thing that happened to me was that when something started surfacing from my past I without knowing it started working very hard to keep it stuffed down. It used all of my energy. I finally got so so tired that I had to let go and let it come up and face it.

Another thing that affected me this way was menopause. It zapped a lot of my energy. I still haven't regained the energy I lost about 4 years ago. I started feeling blue about the same time.

Talking about it always helps so keep posting.

Hugs,
MG