Notices

nobody on benzo site in months need help

Old 11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nobody on benzo site in months need help

i am an alcoholic that has not had a drink in 7 years but have become addicted to benzos (7years) and am tapering off ativan using valium. (ashton) i am having a very hard time with this and when i saw there was a benzo forum i visited but noone has posted in 7 months. so here i am. has anyone used valium to taper off ativan? i used to go to the UK benzo site but they booted me off when i disagreed with some of their beliefs. could use some support as i am all alone.

court
Old 11-02-2005, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi court, how are you holding up? Which site did you find in the UK? I would like it if you could PM me that info that would be great, but I am curious to see why they booted you off. Haven't heard from you in a few day's I hope you are doing OK. Stay in touch.
Hugs,
Beth
Old 11-04-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

you are far from alone. My doc was Xanax. I went into a detox center and they used Librium to taper. There is no easy way to get off benzos, it is a living hell. I have found that if you don't talk to someone who has experienced it then they can't understand. I have been off them for 75 days today and it's still not good. I spent over a month in bed going nuts with the withdrawals. Have you read all of the Ashton Manuel? Chapter 3 is what you need to read. It is scary but it will ease the fears that something is wrong with you. I went to the hospital twice thinking I was dying. I'm not trying to scare you but you have to know what you're going to deal with to make it. And you have to be ready for whatever it throws at you and don't give in to using again. I still have withdrawals today but it does get better. I didn't believe that it would but after 75 days I can promise you it will. PM or email me anytime and we can talk, you will need a lot of support for this but it can be done!!

kathy
Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Xanax

I was wondering how long you were on the xanax and what mg? I was taking .5 mg for a year and a half and I found out that I am pregnant so I have been trying to tappering off them. I haven't had any in 5 days and I do have withdrawals but I am hoping with that low of a dosage that it gets out of my system soon.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi court and welcome.

Try our Substance Abuse forum, you'll get some help and support over there as well!