Notices

How long...............?

Old 11-01-2005, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long...............?

If anyone is available to advise... I'm on Day two without any norco's. I'm coming unglued. How long does this last? Please...........
Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. For me the worst was over around the seventh day, with some relief coming around the 3rd day.Can you see a doctor to help you? I know its tough, but it can be done.Hang in there.Glad your here.
Bless, Trish
Old 11-01-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Should I try to ween off gradually or just go cold turkey? I can't sleep either. Thanx- Gary
Old 11-01-2005, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

I can't advise you on how to take medication.Are they prescribed? Your best bet would be to call the doctor and ask.They might reccomend you taper off,or maybe an inpatient detox?There is really no need for you to suffer.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miraclen2003
I can't advise you on how to take medication.Are they prescribed? Your best bet would be to call the doctor and ask.They might reccomend you taper off,or maybe an inpatient detox?There is really no need for you to suffer.
These meds are prescribed. My doctor has tried to ween me off and it seemed to work but the physicans assist refilled the prescription. I prefer the buzz compared to how I feel now. Mixed emotion
Old 11-01-2005, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

I know...but it is a cycle that never ends.I always wound up in the same place, I was sick, tired and suicidal.maybe you should try to find a doctor who understands addiction.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Good news is:

... once they're out of your system, you never have to feel that way again!

... that you're resisting (even somewhat) replacing one drug with another - and that's a sure sign that you're tired of something else controlling you.

... you found a source of support and understanding of folks who have gone or are going through the same thing you are - meaning, you're not alone!

Can't really think of any bad news!

As uncomfortable as opiate withdrawal is, it's not life-threatening. Also, people don't die from lack of sleep, and that gets better, too, though for some it takes longer than others Think of it as a few more hours in the day to work on staying clean!

You haven't mentioned anything else you're doing to help you through this. Have you looked for a meeting? There, you'll see visible proof that people not only make it through detox but also stay clean.

I felt just like you do three years ago. Friday, I celebrated three years in recovery. I talked to a lot of people who had been where I was, and I asked them how they did it... then I did the same.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-01-2005, 08:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The vise of entanglement. At one point I'm going "nutts." and then get a presription refill and anxiety sets in. I'm safe now for at least thru the duration of 500 tabs. I'm scared both ways. I'm going to self-taper myself off these little yellow devils. Is there a meeting somewhere close? I had cancer at 21 and took on the emotion of recovery all by myself. I feel alone again........Gary
Old 11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Gary,
You are never alone. You can beat this thing.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Gary,,

You truly NEVER have to be alone, not where drug addiction is,, There are so many resources available for you, just waiting for you,, you just need to reach out, they will help, just as the wonderful people here are so willing to reach out to you, but it first takes you to reach out, so they (and we could) can reach out to you..

I completely understand how you feel. Only mine was only legal from the doctor ( and really needed) in the very beginning, ( and I should not have been taking them for longer than 1 month at most from my surgery).. But I found a very good source, and continued down that road of self destruction for years..

But finally after years of killing myself slowly,, I have found a different way,, I have been clean since April 6th,, almost 7 months!!!! That is defnately something to be happy about..

There are meetings in your area,, I will look into that for you,, if someone doesn't come along before me, and let you know before me,,
It is so difficult to do on yoru own, but when you have the support of other people, (addicts),,, it helps alot.. I attend Celebrate Recovery, it's a christian 12 step support group..They don't have a whole lot of meetings yet,, but they are growing..

Here is the Narcotics Annon-- website:
http://www.na.org/

This is a link to the NA website,, You will find MUCH support through NA..
They are a wonderful fellowship, full of men and women willing to help you get clean, and get into a great Recovery program..

The website has a page you can get to, as you look through the site,
that you can put in your town, and it will bring up many, many meetings that you can choose from. I did it, and you have ALOT of meetings in your area..
That is really cool.. I tried to paste a link for you, but it didnt work, but I checked and the Na link I gave you does work, so go for it,, you have nothing to lose, you may find you really like it..

As I said, I attend Celebrate Recovery,, We do have people from NA and AA in the Celebrate Recovery (CR) program. They work well together,, as a matter of fact, one of the leaders is also an alcoholic, and I first met him in an AA meeting, and he regularly attends AA,, if you think you might be interested, I looked up CR on the net, because the program isn't nearly as wide spread as NA or AA, but I did find one in California, now I stopped looking after this one, but if your interested, you could do a google search as well,, but here is a church in California that participates in CR,, I have NO CLUE where Sarcramento is, vs. this church,, but here is the info. on this particular church,, if the link works,, I pray it does.. Here it is
http://www.parkcrest.org/page.php?type=recovery

That's if your interested.. Just thought I'd add that info. and liek I said, I have no clue if you live anywhere near this place..

No matter what you choose,, I pray you stick around here and post all you can, post your heart out,, it really, really helps..

for right now,, take it easy,,
and be gentle with yourself,,

Love, Becky
Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah, I did painkillers, I know all about the cycle, running out, getting more, running out, getting more again.
I used to get them from doctors and also buy them from people I knew, I would actully calculate the exact date I would run out so I knew when to get more, I would have a 2 month supply, and count down the days, it was terrible, fortunatly I would only take a couple a day, but I needed those couple every day, I quit cold turkey, not just from opiates but pot too, because I would do them together, Ive been clean nearly a month, I am a little depressed, but I generally feel pretty good.
Hang in there, you can do it, if I can get clean, you can do it too.