Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Thirty days (30) days no problem - Just keep your mind right > opinion inside

Notices

Old 10-31-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For all you folks that really want to quit. Just quit whinning to this board. No one, not one individual here can honestly help you. You must get your mind together and really want to quit and be sober.

Some of you are a real joke. I think some of you like to be here because you get attention. The only attention you really require is getting your mind straight.

As I have mentioned before, I drank everyday of twenty some years, the last ten (10) everyday to get drunk. If I have the power to quit you sad asses should also have the power.

Now get off your asses and quit whinning.

DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks
Old 10-31-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm SURE I'll be eagerly awaiting your return. This is a SUPPORT forum, in case you hadn't noticed. Your screen name however, seems VERY apt. Thanks for nothing.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry my friend, some people just need some tough love.

I'm right - as the book indicates - you getta do it for yourself.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What book would that be?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

My sponsor, tough as nails come, told me this once about tough love: You make sure you're lookin' them in the eye when you do it. Otherwise, you're just wasting your saliva.
Might also want to make sure they'll hear you.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out
Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I won't be holding my breathe waiting for you.
What may seem like whining to you is simply a very loud cry for help to others. There are some people who are very frustrated at their inability to get a grip, if we can't vent here where should we go? back to the streets and the drugs to cover up our pain. I have been drinking for 28 years, and I havent been able to quit for long periods of time, I am glad you have been clean for 20 years, maybe you need to think back a little, you might not remember how it felt to feel helpless or maybe you do, but, sorry many of us don't live up to your expectations.
Still struggling,
Beth
Old 10-31-2005, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Needimprovement,

Name-calling is unnecessary!

On this board we all support and encourage each other. That's what we do. We help each other and we help ourselves.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if your tough love is sincere or just meant to stir up trouble. I'm no rookie to the addiction game myself. I always believed in willpower to succeed, I even did it with crack, quit cold turkey. But this last time it took me weeks to put the bottle down. Weeks of praying and promising myself everymorning that I would not drink. Finally by working at my faith in God and many failed attempts I was able to string some days together alcohol free.

I am glad for you and your sobriety, I also wish that you learn some words of compassion, and to respect others of their right to learn the best way they know how. Not everyone is gifted in the same areas as others. Not everyone has the willpower that we do or the love of their fellow man that some of us don't.

By the way, that little thing called the mouse, it can be used to scroll past posts that you may find objectionable to your views.

Angry Arn
Old 10-31-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

and another thing

If you feel the need to be that tough on fellow alcoholics, you might consider becoming a sponser and try to share your vast knowledge. In case you didn't notice, this board is for Newcomers to Sobriety You might want to wait for them to complete step one and get some detox time.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks mchockfan
Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm just getting ready to go to bed, probably going to be a long second night of trying my damnest to sleep without a drink. I guess there are always going to be people in the world that feel that tough love is the way, maybe in your mind it is, but right now I need all of the support I can get. I would like to thank each and everyone of the people that have supported me today! I'm sure I would not be sober at this moment if it weren't for you. As far as "getting off my ass and doing something about it", I believe that is what I'm trying to do. The alternative is not one I want to experience again...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

While tough love, and a tough attitude may be appropriate for some, having a mere 30 days of sobriety says very, very little of what you may have accomplished so far.......
Old 10-31-2005, 07:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Proud of ya Joelby........keep that attitude!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Well is IS halloween today...maybe needimprovement dressed up as an a$$hole?

If so....he does NOT need improvement.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

And another thing

That made my night!,

That was the funniest post I think I have read so far on this forum.

Yeah come you whinners, get real - look at him dont you want to be just like him!! look what recovery has to offer. He leads by example!

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Thank you needsimprobement or impalement or something.....

needsalife?

A Mod should move this to the follies section?.
Too much!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by needimprovement

I'm right - as the book indicates - you getta do it for yourself.
This is what my book says:

"The fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice in drink. Our so-called will power becomes practically nonexistent. We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink."
~Alcholics Anonymous, p. 24

If you're referring to a fairly recent book on the best-sellers list, one that's going to kill a whole lot of addicts looking for an easy way out, I'd like to point out that the author, when asked how he responds to folks asking him for help, says he recommends a 12 step meeting - often accompanying them to their first meeting. I won't mention the name of the book here as I feel it's had way too much exposure already for such a mediocre piece of writing. If that's what you're hanging on, fine - come back in a year and let us all know how you're doing.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your 30 days!

We grow more as we move forward,
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
quietmindrecovery.org

Originally Posted by needimprovement
There is a big difference between tough love and anger. If someone delivers a package of anger to me, I just tell them to keep it.

Remember needimprovement, that you are the first person you harm by your anger. Only after you have already harmed yourself do you throw your anger on others.

It is well to remember that help comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be a forum like this, a meeting, a treatment center, or even the sunrise on a beautiful day.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ASH

Good luck on your journey needimprovement,
there is a long road between 30 days of not drinking and significant soberity, at least there was for me...
Old 11-01-2005, 05:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days.Keep coming back.Or dont.Personally I could care less either way .