Notices

Feeling hurt and vulnerable

Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Feeling hurt and vulnerable

I just lost my job and I don't really know how to deal with this sober. This is the first major setback that I've had to deal with in sobriety. I don't want to drink over this but that thought is popping into my head. I know this disease in cunning, baffling, and powerful and I'm trying to arm myself for tomorrow. I know that I can make it through this sober but I know tomorrow will be a huge battle for me to stay sober.
I am still learning how to deal with life.... and this was a big blow.

So I will just stay sober for 5 minutes at a time. After I get everything taken care of tomorrow with management, I will probably just go do something nice for myself to try to get my mind off of things.

I will try to keep busy tomorrow. Time to pick up the pieces and move on to something better. God has a big plan for everything. I just have to say, "Thy will be done" and keep on looking ahead instead of looking back.

I feel better after venting.

Love and hugs,
Cheryl
Old 10-30-2005, 08:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Cheryl, you can get through anything by not drinking. THe most important thing for you to do now is keep yourself together and stay clean. You will find another job, but if you drink tonight that cerainly wont happen soon. Look at it this way, you have only 15 mins, then you can thank God for getting you through today.

Drink some water, take some vitamins if you do that, and get a good night rest. Thats what you need to face the day tomorrow.

Be good and check in first thing in the am, ok?
Old 10-30-2005, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Hey Cheryl..Wow. I am sorry you lost the job but think of it this way; you won't get your job back by drinking you know it. I wish I could just give you a hug. Things will work out. As you say 'Thy will be done'. Another saying I know is 'In HIS time' not necessairly in our's. You'll get another job. You will! Hang in there.

Your almost done with another day. Tomorrow will be better. HUGS!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got through another day sober. Now I've been sober for 19 days.

Everything will work out in time and as it is supposed to.

I am hanging in here. I will not drink over this.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to be ok. I said a prayer and I felt a strong sense of calm and serenity come over me. I feel a sudden sense of peace with what has happened. It is still rough dealing with the feelings, but I know that this will make me stronger. I am going to make it through this and there is more yet to be revealed in my life.

I am going to be ok. And I'm going to stay sober.

Keep me in your prayers.

Hugs,
Cheryl
Old 10-30-2005, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your in my prayers Cheryl.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Midas

Oh No!! I'm sorry Cheryl. It's hard to fathom sometimes, but getting fired can be a good thing.

Hang In There!!

Old 10-31-2005, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

So, what are we gonna do today little Cheryl? Please get a plan together, for me, having spare time on my hands always meant trouble.....
Old 10-31-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((AH))))

The growth looks good on ya girl....
Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cheryl,

I'm sorry about losing your job. It is tough to deal with something like that early in sobriety. But, look at it this way. I went through something really, really scary about 3 months into sobriety. And, I thought about drinking, but I knew that if I could get through this, I could get through anything. You can do this.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((BIG HUGS)))

Thanks so much everyone for being there through this very difficult experience. I am so grateful for your support and care ! It helped me get through the hardest parts especially with the feelings.

Copierguy, I'm so glad that you came back. Stick around SR because this is the greatest group of friends! Good job on 4 days of being clean. You have the hardest days behind you. Just focus on one day at a time. That is what I do and now I have racked up 19 one day at a times. I feel so much better than I did 20 days ago. I feel much, much better.

I know that no matter what life throws at me, I can handle it clean and sober. Drugs and alcohol are never a solution-- they only create more problems. Life is so much better sober!!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Angel, YOU CAN DO IT. If a 30 year loser like me can I'm sure you can. Stay tough, Stay strong, stay busy!!!

I'm finding meetings to be very helpful and in the past wouldn't have anything to do with them. That was my loss. I didn't respect myself so how could I respect anyone else. Faith in my HP (God) helps also. It changed my view of the world. Here is a great site to read and learn (and keep busy)

http://www.churchlink.com.au/churchl...ge1/index.html

Best Wishes, Arn
Old 10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi,
I've been sober for 2 days. I think I understand how you feel. I can't even leave my bed sober right now. I wish you the best. Tomorrow will be hard for both of us, I'm going to take your advice and refer to it every five minutes tomorrow. Hang in there, Im going to!
Old 11-01-2005, 02:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Angelhugs,

Remember all the things you told me?????? - DO tHEM!!!!!!

I have to start looking again too. I'm sure we can help eachother out, even if were stars and moons apart.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Im very proud of you for staying sober through this very difficult time...i hope you keep your head up..i said a lil prayer for you and i want you to know that im rooting for you...sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe the reason you lost your job is because your meant to be somewhere else...hang in there and take it 5 min at a time...lots of love and hugs...tink
Old 11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I bite.

Pulling for you Cheryl!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Red face

Cheryl,

I know this is hard for you and you know drinking wont get your job back. Go to a meetings instead of your job. Most places have a noon meeting, share whats going on with you about your job in a humbling way. I have had this happen and I was able to find other employment from other people in the room at the time.

Not that it will happen but you never know where help might come from. This is recovery related and you can share this. I say meeting for this reason, it was explained to me and it makes sense, that you can do a great program and it will radiate to other aspects of you life, but running a strong employment will not radiate to a better recovery.

I wish you well.

This is a just a job, keep it in proportions to the big picture. Recovery is your life. You can find another job a bit easier.

Having faith in not a theory to talk about but a way of living. Just have faith and things will work out.

Whenever you try something new to you, you are vulnerable. You need to be vulnerable to grow in any way personally.

Blessings,
~GB
Old 11-01-2005, 01:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

((((((Angel )))) well done on 19 days hun .......I am so sorry to hear you lost your job but maybe something better will come along for you .......like Tink I believe things happen for a reason sometimes ,keep strong sweetie sending you a big (((hug))) love Lulu xxxxx
Old 11-01-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Sorry you lost your job. Hang in there Yo!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I'm sorry about your job loss,Cheryl.You will get a better one!
I'm praying for you.