Daughter sexually assaulted

Old 10-30-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Daughter sexually assaulted

I am in pain today because my alcoholic daughter was raped on Friday night. Because we live in a small town, I am unable to speak about this, even in my Alanon group. My daughter has asked me not to tell anyone.

She went to the police Friday night after the assault to report what happened but they actually put her in lockup! They are trying to help now, but she was in a blackout state when it happened, so they don't have much to go on. We drove around with the police officer on Saturday, trying to find the crime scene, from the sketchy details my daughter remembered. Each time, I helped the police search for the crime scene. They were lookng for a cap my daughter said she had lost during the assault.

I finally found the crime scene - a secluded grassy clearing littered with beer bottles. My daughter's cap was right there on the ground. I felt so sick, knowing that this was where she has been raped the night before. I called the officer and he gathered the evidence.

Today I am looking at every man I see on the street, and wondering: "are you the sick bastard that raped my daughter?"

My daughter is OK physically, and she has been encouraged to get counselling at the women's crisis center.

I feel so sad today. I am grieving for the innocent, loving little girl I raised.
I thought that I was learning to handle my daughter's alcoholism but this incident has hit me hard.

Please pray for her.

Robin
Old 10-30-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

(((Robin))) I hope they find him and I hope that she begins to heal, encourage her to continue counseling sometimes the realization of what happened hits much later.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Robin))
My heart goes out to you. It is so hard to deal with the pain of our children knowing there is and was nothing we could/can do to prevent it. The best we can do is to love them and encourage them to heal. We can't do it for them and I think that is one of the hardest lessons a parent has to learn.
Hang in there, I know it's really hard. A crisis center is definitely a good step.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

may you find the strength of a mothers love, the strength of your HP love, and the strength of your internet family here at SR to take you thru the days to follow.

god bless,
quietsins
Old 10-30-2005, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I'm so very sorry about what happened. She's very lucky to have you to help her through this very rough time. She will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

((((Robin's daughter)))))
((((Robin))))
Old 10-30-2005, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a horrible thing for a mother to have to go through. My second daughter who is now 32 was in a very bad state in her alcoholism and crossed the state line, arrested and put into a shelter where she suffered DTs and was put in a psychiatric hospital. I so feel for you. Please don't take this harshly, but it may help you. Use this horrible rape to demonstrate to her what horrible things happen to alcoholic women. It sounds harsh compared to what others have said, but it's true. Don't baby her and don't put yourself on a campaign to find the guy and punish him. In her mind, she will focus on his bad and not hers. You have to hold her responsible as an adult who is a raging alcoholic who in a blackout got raped. Let her know that you expected, yes, expected this to happen and are thankful, as should she be, that worse did not happen to her. Please, I know what I'm talking about! You have to get her to take responsibility for this rape, for it would not have happened had she not been in her disease. You should drill this into her head, thank God worse did not happen, don't try to punish the guy, because that will be enabling to her, and use tough love with her to get her into recovery! Sounds to me like the alcoholism is more life threatening and urgent than the rape, which she hardly remembers since she was in a blackout. Address the disease, not one of the side effects.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((( Robina ))) Warm hugs to you and your daughter. It's a shame that there are sick predators who pray on a helpless woman.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers and comfort.... for your daughter.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh Robin, that is so awful. She is lucky to have such a caring, loving mother to help her through this. I hope you can both find peace.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Many thanks for your kind and loving replies. As hard as I work to practice loving detachment, sometimes this disease does such terrible damage, all you can do is cry.

Robin
Old 10-30-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Prayers and blessings for you and your daughter.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((robin and daughter))
Old 10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

(((Robin)))

You are in my prayers!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Sending prayers for the both of you......Hang in there.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Robina ((((big hugs))

That's awful!!! God bless you and she.

My daughter was sexually attacked at age 14. She kept it to herself for two years. She's now 24 and still has attachment issues. To have the innocence taken from her when she is such a faithful girl and wanted to save her virginity for marriage, hurt her so much!

Good counseling, when she's ready, and a WHOLE lot of love will help her heal.

My prayers are with you both.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for both of you; I am very sorry.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

((((Robina))) I'm sorry and send prayers for your daughter and for you. How sick and how sad this is for all of you.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

((((Dear Robin,))))

I am so sorry. I will pray for healing for her and for you.
with love,
Michele
p.s. loving detachment is one thing....this is quite another. Crying would seem to me to be only natural. Is there someone you can see to talk about your feelings too?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am sorry, what a horrible thing to happen to anyone. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

**{Robin&Daughter}}}}}},
My prayers are with you.
God Bless,