Notices

Newby here

Old 10-28-2005, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newby here

Hi. I'm a mom of 3 young kids. I partied a lot in my 20's. Quit when I started having children. I started back to a few drinks a night to keep me calm. But I don't sleep a well at all even after one drink. I'm trying to stop it and can go weeks between drinks. But it all comes back to having that drink. Watched Oprah and A Million Little Pieces this week. I want to buy that book. Looking for a friend, someone who can relate to this horrible 20+ year secret I've been hiding.

Karen
Old 10-28-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi booberry!!

What a cute name!

This is an excellent site to meet people in similar situations as you.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your in the right place. We all can relate to it.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by booberry
Hi. I'm a mom of 3 young kids. I partied a lot in my 20's. Quit when I started having children. I started back to a few drinks a night to keep me calm. But I don't sleep a well at all even after one drink. I'm trying to stop it and can go weeks between drinks. But it all comes back to having that drink. Watched Oprah and A Million Little Pieces this week. I want to buy that book. Looking for a friend, someone who can relate to this horrible 20+ year secret I've been hiding.

Karen

I'd start by looking hard into what makes you UNCALM. Id work on that and then maybe that "need" for that few drinks a night will be gone. Maybe?
Old 10-29-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Welcome to SR booberry!! Glad you found us. Lots of people here have stopped drinking, one day at a time.

Keep reading and posting. We are here for you!!
Missy
Old 10-29-2005, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

You are not alone Karen....
drinking was a huge part of my life for years.

Stay with us at SR...we do understand. Blessings..
Old 10-29-2005, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Karen,
Glad you found SR, there is lost of support and information here,
and most important,
fellow travelers on the same road,
hope to see you here more!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((Karen)))))

Welcome to SR and we are glad that you are here, we can all relate to always wanting to go back to that first one hope that you stay...If you ever need to chat I have msn and ***** messenger..Keep coming back and posting and keep us up to date..

Love Vic
Old 11-14-2005, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Karen, It's good to hear from others that are struggling with this hideous disease. I've been clean & sober for around 3+ months now, & life is beginning to look good. Through prayer & meditation I have been able to have a new perspective on things, so hang in there!!!!! Steve M
Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

As you can see youll find many people who can relate to your story here...many have gone down the same road and have ended up finding peace in recovery...i hope you too do the same...im wishing you the best
Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Booberry, I am also a mom of three. I drank previously to having children and after I had them I went out on a weekend night and tied one on. I did up until they were about two almost three. For some reason I got tired of being of tired. I quit! Just like that. I loved my kids so much and I knew I was risking my life drinking and driving and if I truley loved them how in the world could I deny them a mother. I also didn't want to do anything with them the next day because I was hung over. I don't know that I consider myself or considered myself an alcholic or a benge drinker but I knew that I had to stop because nothing good could come from it. It's been a year and a half with no drink or cigerettes. My husband has been kicked out for four years now so I have been doing this alone. I know what the stress can be like, I totally understand the wanting to escape for just a little bit. Instead....find a sitter and go to a movie, go to a book store and read quietly, you have to keep yourself busy when you want to drink. I am on Lexapro for anxiety due to the stress of living with an alcholic and raising three kids alone. To sleep I take 1mg of xanex an hour before I go to bed and it calms my thoughts. I know that during the day your mind goes to a million thoughts a minute. I can't say it's easy at first but once you make it a priority and a habit you get through days and when you look back it will be years that had gone by. Your not a bad mother, you just need an outlet.