Notices

life&crack

Old 10-28-2005, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life&crack

my husband is a crack addict! i am an enabeler because i have not killed him yet! how long does this have to go on??????????????????????
Old 10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((howdidthishappen)))))

Welcome to Sober Recovery... I know you probably need someone to listen to you. I hope you will come back and let us hear some more from you...

I am person who knows first hand how crazy you can start feeling around a crack addict as my Husband ,two brothers and. one sister are all crack addicts...let it rip...
Old 10-28-2005, 10:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by howdidthishapn
my husband is a crack addict! i am an enabeler because i have not killed him yet! how long does this have to go on??????????????????????
As a recovering addict I would say until you leave him.But thats just my opinion.I have never been in your shoes.I was always the addict.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am with Time2surrender. I, too, have always been the addict. I didn't have the desire to get clean until I had no one left in my corner. When my parents put me out and told me I couldn't come back unless I was clean, I used for about 3 more weeks, then came home. Tough love. Have you checked out the nar-anon boards yet? There are a lot of people there who can relate to what you are going through.

Sherry
Old 11-29-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Why don't you venture over to NAR-ANON and post something about your situation. I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the support that you would receive. We are quite a fantastic bunch of people over there that understand. We offer our wisdom, love and support. We are always there for one another and yes we have a bit of fun too! Nothing like laughter to break the tension. Once you are there for a while, you will see we never laugh AT the addict or AT anyone's pain. We use our humor as a tool to keep us going.

Take a read around. There is a ton of helpful things. Especially the "stickys' at the top of the page. You will get great book recommendations and you will never feel alone again. When I found nar-anon, I felt like I struck gold. Just like you, I suffered alot...and I did not know where to go. I am proud to call my friends over there family. We have walked together for a very long time.

It is nice to give back to those that gave so freely to me, when I needed the help the most. All you need to do is reach out. We don't JUDGE either. We just accept one another for who we are. We take what we need and we leave the rest.

There is alot of beauty and wonder in our program,and all we need to be there is the desire to feel better.
HOPEFLOATS