Notices

less than 24 hours without

Old 10-28-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

less than 24 hours without

I've been thinking about giving up weed for months now. It has truly affected all parts of my life. I'm tired of hiding my addiction. I've admitted it to myself and my psychiatrist...I guess registering here and posting is my way of continuing with this decision to give it up.

I'm 36, married to a supportive and nice guy, we have 3 kids 10,7 & 4. I am a business owner and I really don't know how I let this drug take over my life. All I think about is getting high all day, every day. But, when I do self medicate this way things fall apart. Things don't get done, my business suffers, my home is a disaster, my kids and husband get short changed...

My question is this. Is there anyone else out there who's drug of choice was marijuana? I'm overwhelmed by the thought of living without and yet I know I can't continue and be successful in life and business WITH this drug in my life. I'm looking for someone who has been here. Help!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR!
Lots of support here!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!
Check out out Substance abuse and NA forum SEVERAL have come through the doors with this addiction. There is also Marijuana Anonymous if you want further support. Your in the right place!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, amf28969! I was a pot-head for about 10 years beginning with my sophomore year in high school. My drinking got a lot worse after I graduated. Hang tight! You can do it.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was addicted

Yes,

I struggled with pot for a long time....I started using the junior year of high school and just gave it up about a year and a half ago. I had quit several times but kept going back to weed, it has an allure to it, for me there was nothing like "getting stoned" But I truly believe I am over it for good now. The reason I quit is that I realized that pot was triggering manic episodes and causing me to become chemically imbalanced and "lose it" for about a month at a time. This was no fun, and smoking pot was not worth risking my life and my psychiatric health. I am bipolar, and I believe that the reason I was diagnosed was due to heavy pot use.

The drug effects your whole chemical balance, it rearranges your neurotransmitters in your brain and gets your whole system out of whack. You feel lazy all day and only care about the time when you will "get high" Plus, it costs a small fortune to keep a heavy weed habit going...it's just not worth it...

my two cents,
gunch
Old 10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR amf and gunch