Had a good week.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a good week.

Because I always post when I am at my wits end, I have to tell you I had a good week. My AH has been sober for one week. I know that isn't much and he has quit and relapsed before, but it gives me hope that he is still trying. He promised my 14 year old son he would call or come over, and he does, to tell him that he has completed one more day of soberty. He said that his boss is a recovering addict and alcohoic and is encouraging him to attend AA meetings with him. The reason I say I had a good week is I have been stressing from working (full-time and part-time) and trying to get myself out of my house so that I can rent it. My husband and I talked. It is nice to see him sober, he is quiet but I see he makes an effort to be nice to me. He said he will help me more financially instead of spending it on beer, so that I don't have to move. He said he also found a part-time job (he works full-time already) to earn extra money to give to me. He said he sees me working so hard it isn't fair I do it alone. I realize there are no guarantees, but I must admit it was nice to hear it. He told me he loved me, hugged and apologized. He hopes working extra hours will also keep him busy.He gave me half of the house payment with a promise to give me more weekly. I understand it may not last long, but for this week I have extra money. I hope all of you have a wonderful week.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((sadface)))

Glad you are able to find some happiness. And extra glad you decided to post about it.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Hi Sadface, It sounds like a real positive step in the right direction. I know what you mean about it giving you hope. I think you do sound very level headed about the situation. I have learned through my H's recovery and relapses not to count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. Like you I am trying to be positive without investing to much of my heart into his longterm soberity. I am really glad you had a great weekend!
Take Care, Kerry