a deep philosophical thought???? or a rant? hmmm

Old 10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a deep philosophical thought???? or a rant? hmmm

someone here this week used the phrase... "kick em to the curb".... and that made me think....

why when we are involved with someone who is truly dragging us down... don't we kick em to the curb? and i realized for me... it was that i couldnt muster the strength nor the courage to try and kick someone who had dragged me down to his level. i was as sick as he is. except for one thing... i want to get better.

when we are in the midst of chaos.. its hard to tell which stones will hurt and which will miss us... all we see is a mess.

when we take back some perspective... take back our right to dignity.. take back our responsibility under our Higher Power to be the best we can be... thats when we realize we can't kick anyone to the curb... because we are in the gutter ourselves.

my sponsor once told me that when we dont have the strength to stand.. all we need is the strength to get to our knees.. and pray.

tonight i feel myself there. humbled by bad choices... frustrated by lost time... and suprisingly grateful for these lessons which forced me to grow up in many respects.

i stand today much more aware of what i give to the world, i am more grateful for what i get from the world, i am much more aware of the world around me... and these lessons came at a price.

today i stand in the sunlight of life... not wallowing in my misery... not content to be trampled on and treated like trash...

today i realize i am exactly where my Higher Power intended me to be.. and he is just waiting for me to do the next right thing. to live a life that is fulfilling, peaceful, gentle, and good.

i have the power... i have the tools... i have the brains and the heart and the resources to walk in the sunshine... i will wallow in that gutter of choices no more.

quietsins
Old 10-16-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((QS))))

I just love you....
Old 10-16-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

very nicely said....
Old 10-17-2005, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Wonderful post!!!! I felt a sense of peace and strength in your writing. Way to go! Kerry
Old 10-17-2005, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And once you begin making those good choices you rise up out of the gutter.

.......and either they strive to be upwardly mobile like yourself.........or you kick 'em to the curb! LOL
Old 10-17-2005, 06:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

QS, well put! I'm makin' a copy for by my computer so I can re-read it a LOT of times today :-) I've found the sunlight, but I still am having problems 'kicking him to the curb.' Rant or rave, it was a good read for me this morning...thanks!