Notices

Sober life

Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Starting Over

Sober life

I'm nearly to my 30 day mark of being sober and I'm telling you I haven't felt better in years. It amazes me now to look back and think of how drinking and drugs use to be my way of life. I can't imagine what was even running through my mind at those times when I was so messed up.

I'm taking my life back. Now that I'm sober and more focused on whats important everything is falling into place. When I first came here I was down, depressed and felt alone and overwelmed by the addictions. Now a month later I feel like a completely new person. Thanks to all of you for the support I have found here. You all have offered great adive and it has really helped me in my day to day struggle. Thanks for everything. Running
Old 10-14-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

great job, great choice. I am doing the same except I am opening a dancing banana consentration camp.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Letting Go and Letting God

30 days of clarity

Congratulations on your day-at-a-time sobriety. It's amazing after we accumulate a few days of sobriety how clear we begin to think and how good we begin to feel. I remember thinking to myself around 30 days, "Why in the world did I ever let my life get so bad when it could feel this good?" That's how sneaky my disease is. It tricked me into thinking I was having a good life, but then it turned on me.

Although I felt so good after 30 days clean and sober, I still experienced some days feeling hopeless, helpless and hurt. But, what the program taught me was that I had to feel it to heal it and grow from it and move on. If I choose to self-medicate those feelings, they'd still be there for me to deal with later. I learned that I wasn't going to die from feeling that gut wrenching pain and heart-breaking hurt. It was okay to feel those feelings and they do pass. Wow, what news to me!!!!

For me, getting sober and clean was very difficult, but I knew there had to be a better way to live so out of desparation, I became willing to try.

Already with 30 days under your belt, just think, we never have to get clean and sober again. It's our choice. I'm greatful to have choices today!!!

Love you and have a wonderful day.

Vicki
Old 10-14-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Congrats!!

Congratulations on your sobriety. You sound very happy and content with the way things are going. Be proud and continue your sobriety.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nasa calls it "The Eye Of God"

Hi Running,

I was 30 days sober from drinking on the 12th of October and the words you expressed are my exact thoughts. My life is so different now. Every day is a treasure. I'm sure I'll have some bad days in the future but I think I'll be able to deal with them. Right now the depression I was feeling is gone and I have focused on the important things in life. I am so grateful for all my blessings.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are doing great! 30 days is a wonderful and huge milestone full of many days of miracles! Thanks for sharing the hope and light that it does get better.

Congrats!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

what the program taught me was that I had to feel it to heal it and grow from it and move on. If I choose to self-medicate those feelings, they'd still be there for me to deal with later. I learned that I wasn't going to die from feeling that gut wrenching pain and heart-breaking hurt. vicki
That's it! What a concept!

Running,
It only gets better from here.