Thank you

Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

to everyone on SR who taught me about detachment and who continue to teach me every day.

If I hadn't had that lesson, I would be finding it very hard to get through the problems I am having at the moment. I am trying to exit the business partnership I have with my ex and he has gone totally mental. His financial chickens are coming home to roost and he can't and won't deal with it. (Bet he's regretting taking his new woman to Jamaica now. Ha!)

I have grown the biggest set of bollocks since I joined SR and I have all of you wonderful people to thank.

You are all wonderful.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 10-11-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

minnie - when you give you get back tenford - you have given so much here and i am glad you feel you have gotten so much back in return. the "set of bollocks" comment gave me a chuckle!

hugs - chris
Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by minnie
I have grown the biggest set of bollocks since I joined SR and I have all of you wonderful people to thank.
Always glad to contribute to the growth of someone's bollocks Minnie.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, since I obviously wasn't around in your first days, I can't comment directly, but I'm glad you are strong in these difficult moments. And Christie's so right -- you do give a lot here! I guess it's kind of a cycle...now people like me are trying to "get it" like so many of you all already do. Maybe I'll be helping people someday like you do!
Have a good day. -- M
Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Minnie, you have done incredibly well in the last year that I have been around SR and I have had the good fortune of knowing you, as well so many others here.
I know completely that you will do what is best for you in the trying weeks (months) ahead. Keep in mind once it is done you will be completely released of the drama. Oh what a feeling! I am in your corner, even though this world is round....lol (((Minnie)))
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I dont know what bollocks are, but I think I might like to have me some.

What size are yours?

Your awesome!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Your input is always so appreciated! I am glad you're here!
How does the exit strategy seem to be going?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'd have to say thank YOU Minnie, its people like you on here that makes the forum what it is especially in the friends and family part.

Honestly you must be really good at handling hard situations because when I hear your words, the way you speak, it always sounds like you are one of the happiest persons on Earth, I know you have hardship, but yet you can seem easy going and full of life and love it is inspirational to me and I wondered at times how you do it and I thought I want to be like that!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Shucks. You guys are the best. I was going to come here and have a great big whinge, but I stopped myself and tried a bit of gratitude instead.

FoB - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks . Actually one of my favourite words and as you can see, has many different uses.

Elizabeth - well, it's going slowly. He owes me money personally and we have invoicing coming into the partnership. Whilst the two are separate, I have decided to go for making sure I get the money back by incorporating it as part of the exit terms. If he doesn't agree to it, I'll take him to court and get a judgement against him on the personal stuff. So, he might as well do it now. And he is fighting because he is up $hit creek without a paddle.

Diddums.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wayyyy tooooo cooool

Well he will just have to figure it out ... his problem, your right I bet he wishes he had not spent that money ! HA Told you there is a God.

Thank you Minnie... you have always been wonderful here and give soooo much to everyone. I for one have appreciated your responses and learned a ton from them!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Heya minnie,

Sorry to hear about the ex. Mine is also giving me trouble with the biz we used to share. Technically, she's a STBX (Soon To Be eXwife). There's time when I wish it were as difficult to get married as it is to get single. That way a whole lot less people would do it and life would be _so_ much simpler. Do they listen to my wisdom? nooooooooo.....

By the way, over here "minnie" is a mouse, and she definetly has the "bollocks" in the family. Ol' Mickey is a total wimp.

Mike :-)
Old 10-11-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks right back at ya Minnie!! Yep, that sums it up.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On a tear

Minnie... I've only just started venturing into other forums lately and have found yours to be a calm voice of reason attached to an open mind. Thank you for that.... and if you have a picture of those bollocks, well I bet.... oh wait, this is a FAMILY and friends forum.

I am glad you are able to handle such a difficult transition with such aplomb.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

You Go Girl!!!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Minnie I haven't been on here long but you are a true angel! I think you'd make remarkable counselor yourself. Anybody would be lucky to have you for a friend. And I am glad to read of the business partnership ending as I often wondered how that "realtionship" could be healthy. Hope you business thrives in the future.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone. He hasn't let up this evening, but hey, that's what voice mail is for! I am so glad I have read so much about emotional manipulation, because he's pulling out all the stops now. Whoosh - that's the sound of it all going over my head.

Sketscher - it's funny you should say that. I had a chat with my old counsellor on Friday and he asked me when I was going to get around to qualfying!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

HI Minnie!
As you can see, we all want to THANK you! Since I started posting here a few months ago, you have always given me your wisdom and kind words. God is with you and tomorrow is another day - A great day! Hang in there and you will be in my prayers! All of you are in my prayers! God Bless!
Suzie
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

minnie,at lunch today i started reading my old posts,from the very first one. i thought, my God,these people must think i am a disoriented,idiotic,crazy person!! oh,and let's not forget whining and complaining--and repeating!!! but you,and others always made me feel comfortable.which,i-in return-wanted to give back. you know,in life it seems,if it aint one thing its another.....and i think no matter what our issue may be at the moment,("a" related or not)we will all be all here for each other. the last couple days i found myself thinking--is this "a" thing not all out of my system??? for if it is,or for it to be, maybe i should stay out of the boards,or at least out of posting---as wouldnt it seem to just keep it all on my mind?? but,no---i need the ongoing support and i need the friendships i have made here.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeMaster
I'd have to say thank YOU Minnie, its people like you on here that makes the forum what it is especially in the friends and family part.

Honestly you must be really good at handling hard situations because when I hear your words, the way you speak, it always sounds like you are one of the happiest persons on Earth, I know you have hardship, but yet you can seem easy going and full of life and love it is inspirational to me and I wondered at times how you do it and I thought I want to be like that!

Awww! That is very endearing

Lotsa compliments, Minnie and you deserve them. You've been here for every new person that's come on SR and stayed true with the "older" members. Giving out great and loving advice......words of wisdom.

I know you were one of the first ones to help me in the begginning and I thank you for that. I can also tell that, besides your great strength, you've got a big heart that gets hurt, ....just like us all and this last stuff that you found out about your ex with the new fiance' really hurt you. Understandably so!!

I think it's wise to get him out of your life completely. Cut the business ties with him. Then, there will be no way that he needs to contact you. It's hard to get on with your life when you still have to deal with them in a business way.

You're bollocks are getting bigger by the day
Old 10-11-2005, 09:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

No, thank you (and your ever-increasing bollocks).