Beyond selfish

Old 10-11-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beyond selfish

I have been very busy lately, at work and at home I like being busy! Not overwhelmed just busy.

I worked the red wing game lastnight, for my son's hockey team. Wow is that alot of work! I am appreciating my job more after a night like that.

My H called me at the game lastnight three times, I was a bit busy and there was no way I could get to the phone, (not possible) When I had a minute, I looked at my cell phone and seen I had three missed calls. I called home real quick, to hear when are you coming home??? I said as soon as the game is over, he says I want you home, I dont like it when you are not home.

I was home all frickin weekend, cooking and cleaning, my son had a hockey game on Sunday afternoon, so I was gone for two hours Sunday. (which he scored his first goal, Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa).

When I am home, I am ignored anyway, so to me what the hell is he talking about. I think he wants me home, so he doesnt have any responsibilities. Am I a freak???

Is this really my reality, he wants me home so I am there to cater to everyone's needs, so he doesnt have to do anything ever??? (I think so).

I told my H I dont mind doing what I do at home or my kids activities, I told him I would appreciate it if the things that I dont get to, dont get pointed out to me, which honestly isnt much, and if he notices something that bothers him, to feel free, I will let him do it.

I cleaned all day Saturday, took my daughter for her hair appointment, and nails (homecoming). My next door neighbor couldnt afford to get her hair done and she asked me to french braid her hair, I told her let me try an updo, If you dont like it we can take it out and I will french braid it for you. ( I am very proud to say it turned out beautiful and she and her mom loved it). I finally sat down around10:00, (he was on the computer all day (fixing them)) He had the audacity to tell me, I did nothing for him all day, why should he be thankful, My youngest daughter was in the room and says daddy mommy made dinner for you. He sarcasitcally says BESIDES THAT. I didnt say a damn thing to him, I know that I went above and beyond the whole weekend, I am proud of that, I am proud of my first updo, I am very proud of everything I have accomplished this past weekend, Including lastnight's game, and working a full day, shoot I am proud that I made it to work today, I didnt get home till midnight lastnight and worked a full day at my job. But I am here, and happy, and I feel screw him and his negative attitude, He sucks but let him suck alone.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((emily)))

By jove I think you've got it!!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He sucks but let him suck alone.
that says it all!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

He who sucketh alone.....I dont know, but that was funny!:Lmao
Old 10-11-2005, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My H just called me on his break and asked me if I drove my van downtown lastnight, I told him yes, that it was my turn to drive. I told him that I let one of the hockey dad's drive, because I was nervous to drive there myself but that we could use my van.

My H says if I knew you were going to let one of those MF's drive our van I would have taken you myself. Are they married?? You must get alot of those people at the arena flirting with you? I dont like some strange man driving my van.

I wanted to say, it didnt stop you or your co-worker married or not.

He is so not worth it. Instead I suggested he go with me next time.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awww emily - good for you with your response. he chose not to go!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great attitude Emily, good for you.
Watch that when you overdo and you're "running on empty" that you do something nice for yourself too.
You deserve it.
I think you should start referring to your van as "The Lovemobile"
Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lol, that is great Gabe

"The Lovemobile" is off and running tonight Scrimmage
Old 10-11-2005, 07:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emily33
"The Lovemobile" is off and running tonight Scrimmage
Perfect, I hope it's full of good-looking, charming, sober men.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emily33

lol That's right! Sounds like you did a tonne of stuff to me. He can do his own things, he's a big boy!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I read a cartoon in a psychology mag years ago.
The lady went to the psychiatrist and asked, "Should I always try to make my husband happy? the Dr. answered, "No! some people like to be unhappy, THAT IS THEIR HAPPINESS."
My SO was pretty happy, but I could sure goof.
One day I goofed and he started to grumble, so I smiled and clapped and said, Gee!
I made your day! " Whada mean?? "Well finding fault, so you can grumble makes you happy , so I fooled around and blundered just so you could be happy"
He grumbled under his breath. LOL
I explained that to be unhappy and fault finding was some people's happiness.

One has to know who they are dealing with, some would get smacked if pulled that.
I just had to share that.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Clancy, thank you for sharing that, I believe you are right

I think I will plant some decoys! Hell if that is the key to happiness for him, I am working in the wrong direction. I am going to eat doritos on his side of the bed tonight. lol
Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG tooo funny Doritos on his side of the bed!!!

Dont let him get to you hon, that is what he wants. He is just feeling left out (his choice) and wants the attention back on him.

Just let him know you have enough children and when he decides to grow up you would be happy to listen. BTW sounds like your children are nicer too.... out of the mouths of babes "She made dinner for you" Got to love that!