Notices

I need help

Old 10-09-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help

It's Sunday, I'm hungover/drunk. I could call in to work sick. Do I need to be instatutionalized? I can't stand it any more!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're having a really hard time right now. I've been sober for just under a week, but i feel so much better than i did last week. Last Sunday at this time I was either drunk or already sleeping after drinking all day. This is a great step coming here. It's a great site with a lot of love & support. I know everyone seems to be different when it comes to needing an in-patient type of treatment or just doing it on your own. That might be up to you to decide. There's a lot of other people on this site who have a lot more answers than me, and I'm sure you'll hear from a lot of them. Just try to take it day by day, and don't be afraid to ask for help. This is a really great place to be. It's helped me a lot so far, and I'm sure it will help you too!!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome To SR!

I sure remember those miserable drinking times!

I understand....and I did quit.

If you like...read our post.
You will find lots of us have felt just like you.

We are here for you.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It would be very unfair for any of us to tell you whether or not you should be institutionalied. As far as I know none of us are professionals, and we don't know what you are using or how often. You have to look at yourself and see what has been going on in your life. Are things starting to fall apart? You already stated you might be to hungover/drunk to go to work. Is everything else going OK or are the problems just geting worse? No matter what no one can make that ultimate decision for you. Some people are able to quit on their own others, need supervision. That is some thing only you can decide. The first thing I would do if I was you would be to try some type of NA or AA meeting, they work for some people and for others they are just not the answer. Then take it from there. the main thing is to not pick up.
Try to stay sober and keep coming back here. Sobriety does not come over night, you will have day's that you will probably have days that you will fall, but you just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again. Never give up.
Bfree
Old 10-09-2005, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Coldbrew,

I know how much it sucks to feel that way. I usually had the same debate on Monday mornings. I don't have those awful moments now. Went to an AA meeting tonight and was with many others that don't have to feel that way anymore either.

There is definitely hope. Keep posting here. you will receive much support and encouragement. I'm not sure that anyone can tell you whether to go for inpatient treatment or not. I know it has been very helpful to many here. I stopped on my own eight months ago by going to AA meetings.

Good to have you here!

Jup.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((coldbrew))) Welcome to SoberRecovery.You have already taken the first step.You are admiting you have had enough and you are also here at SR seeking help and or support.Stick around.This is a great place.Have you tried AA yet? (((LoveLiving))) I wanna welcome you too.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome!! It feels great to be here!!
Old 10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for your thoughts.
Goodnight.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There's a lot of people here at SR who have been in your shoes and probably felt the same way you may be feeling tonight.Just keep coming back.This place is also very addicting.Have a good night.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Been there to coldbrew, if your ready, you'll get a lot of support here and no you don't need to be institutionalized to do it!