Notices

tested

Old 10-07-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tested

I was tested tonight, went over to a friends and we were just standing around shooting the breeze when all of a sudden he went and got a beer and opened it in front of me. He didnt offer me one thank goodness. He knows I am a alchoholic and I have been sober for a few months. Well we just kept on talking and i was able to smell the beer and the whole time I did not want one. I know I shouldnt be tempted like that again and I will probably avoid going over there again. I dont want to relapse because my sobriety means to much to me. I am proud of myself for not wanting one and not drinking again. I just pray that there wont be a next time and if there is that I wont drink.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Eventually there will be a next time. Alcohol is simply all over the place.

But avoiding situations like that for awhile if they make you uncomfortable is a smart idea. Ya did good!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you! I too avoid drinkers....my sober AA friends are a lot safer for me.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I choose to live

The opposite happened to me.....I had a date with my best friend and another woman who knows me for years...We didn't talk bout it but I know there were drinking tee becos they knew I was comming...
I don't expect from people not to drink (like someone already said :Booz is all over the place...But if they don't drink becos of me I apriciate that verry much.....Love from Stefanie
Old 10-08-2005, 02:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Still hangin` on...

Really--can you honestly say that you didnt feel that "urge"? Dont get me wrong--more power to ya!!!! But I hope your being true to yourself. They say to stay away from people, places and things--( your norm) and I know from experience---that advice is the golden rule!!!! Just be careful--a few months is awesome--one day clean is a miracle!!!!!....But--you need to change your lifestyle if you want this to work. Be careful.....
Ann
Old 10-08-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Good for you for not drinking. With just over a year sober, I can tell whether or not I can be around alcohol. If I am not feeling very spritually fit, I will be no wear around it. Other then that, I can handle the family cookouts and things like that. I still do not go into bars. Not my place anymore!!

Also, I always drive, so I can leave anytime I start feeling uncomfortable. Actually, alot of the family drinking has slowed down when I'm around. Which is nice, but not necessary. My father in law even buys cheddar brats for me and the kids and beer brats for everyone else!! I told him I'd had to eat a heck of a lot of brats to get the effect I would want!! LOL

Hugs,
Missy