Notices

Well..on day 5...still feeling not quite right...

Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well..on day 5...still feeling not quite right...

Well, I made it to day 5 again....it has been rough. This is the day that got me last time....I think it has to do with that fuzzy, spacy feeling that wont seem to go away...mostly from anxiety. Anyways, it sucks....but I wont let it get me again. I know I have asked before, but how long does this feeling usually last?....I cant remember from before when it started getting better. I feel so spaced out, like I am on something...but I know that I am not. Anyways...I know that drinking will onyl temporarily get rid of it...well and lately it was only making it worse....that and the tense feelings in my neck and shoulders...which causes wicked headaches....anyways hopefully it doesn't last too much longer, but if it does..I gues I will just have to deal with that too....hopefully it is not permanent...I often wonder if I have caused any permanent brain or nervous system damage....well, anyways, I'll just keep doing what I am doing and not drink today...
Thanks for all the support!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It took me about a week to start feeling good again. but everyone is different. keep going it will only get better
Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks hotwingeatter! Yeah I kind of remember it being around that last time but my memory is kind of shot these days...hopefully that will come back too!!!
Thanks and best wishes to you in you recovery!!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Daisy...

I just went through my day 5 and 6 last week, and those were the worst two days for me. I felt just like you did...I even posted something about it in the Trying Abstinence thread. I felt like I was in a fog. But, day 7 and 8 actually are better! For some reason, it's just days 5 and 6 that seem to get to some people.

I hope you'll get through these two days and let me know if you feel better by day 7.

(I bet ya will!)

Christina
Old 10-03-2005, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy12326
Well, I made it to day 5 again....it has been rough. This is the day that got me last time....I think it has to do with that fuzzy, spacy feeling that wont seem to go away...mostly from anxiety. Anyways, it sucks....but I wont let it get me again. I know I have asked before, but how long does this feeling usually last?....I cant remember from before when it started getting better. I feel so spaced out, like I am on something...but I know that I am not. Anyways...I know that drinking will onyl temporarily get rid of it...well and lately it was only making it worse....that and the tense feelings in my neck and shoulders...which causes wicked headaches....anyways hopefully it doesn't last too much longer, but if it does..I gues I will just have to deal with that too....hopefully it is not permanent...I often wonder if I have caused any permanent brain or nervous system damage....well, anyways, I'll just keep doing what I am doing and not drink today...
Thanks for all the support!!!!
Hang in there, kiddo.......you're going through the worst of it now. If you can stick this out,...tomorrow and the next will be ALOT better !!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know what it is about day 5, but that is always my hardest day. Just keep in mind if you make it past day 5 and 6, it will get easier. Don't worry the way you feel is not permanent, you will feel better, just give your body some time to adjust, and then the healing process can begin. Take care of yourself. It will get better. I have been having a real hard time lately, but I just keep starting over. don't give up!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Earlybird - thanks...I will hang in there..I am so done with drinking. It is not even fun anymore...nothing fun about it, and it just causes problems with everything else in my life. It used to be fun, well sort of, but not anymore. Anyways, thanks again and best wishes to you!!

Bfree4u - Thanks, yeah I dont know what it is...day 5 has got me a few times....but it is now the end of day 5...hooray!!! anyways, not going to give in this time...this day 5 was worse than the last...so I know the next one will be even worse...dont want to ge there...anyways, I hope things are going well for you...and dont give up either!! Thanks for the support - everyone here is soooo great!! It really helps to have support from others who understand!!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

New2sobriety - thanks, yeah things are a little better tonight...congrats to you on your sober days! Well based on how things are tonight, hopefully tommorrow will be that much better!! Best wishes to you in your sobriety!! Thanks for the support!! I owe alot to everyone here...knowing that others are going through the same things...at least I dont feel so alone in what I am going through. Thanks!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i dont need a drink anymore

hi daisy, congratulations...on making it this far! i have only been sober for almost 5 weeks myself, and i know the feeling you speak of, i like to call it my "sober drunk". i had all of the same anxiety issues, but they got better. so hang in there, you can do it, and it will get easier! it does seem to get worse before it gets better, but, dont give up and take one day at a time. you will feel better soon....(((((daisy)))))
Old 10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks alliecat! - and congrats on almost 5 weeks!! that is awesome!!...yeah I know it does get better...I just have to keep remembering that...it is just so hard to be feeling anxious and stuff all the time...but the last time I went 30 days...I do remember it getting better in the 2nd and 3rd week....dont really remember why I relapsed...anyways, not this time!!! Congrats again and thanks for the support!!