Notices

Missing In Action At SR

Old 10-03-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Missing In Action At SR

I was just thinking after Angel did her this about all the people that we know and Have not seen them here at SR so I figured that we could let them Know that they are thought over from Time to Time. Who do you know that is Missing In Action.

1. Maria83
2. NA4today
3. MagdaM

We miss you guys and hope that you are alive and well.

Love Vic
Old 10-03-2005, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

A few more just popped into my head

1. Kahlia

LOL now I forgot the other one, well if it comes to me I will be back.

Love Vic
Old 10-03-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Another one that I haven't seen around for awhile is Captianzing
Old 10-03-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

How about Wolflet?? We miss you too Miss. Wolflet. Hope you come back to us. You were one of the first people I met here and hope you'll come back to us!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
alconaut

This is such a sweet thread. I haven't been around long enough to grow fond of someone and see them leave.... I guess it must make you wonder if they're ok. I know my mind would run wild for awhile.

For you guys who have been here awhile - how do you deal with it? How does it make you feel when you grow to care about someone and they go back to using, or just plain disappear?? How do you keep from becoming too emotionally involved with another poster who you think might go back to using?

For anyone who has these answers, please, please let me know. 'Cause I'm the type who might not be able to handle such a situation without some real negative emotional effect.

TIA

xo
Old 10-03-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

I've not been here

longer than you I think but here's how I deal with it. I live with my husband who is a drinker. Yes I am ecstatic when he is not drinking but when he does drink, I don't allow it to ruin my own progress. You can't let others drinking affect you. You quit for your own personal reasons. When some one you know and love drinks and or gets drunk, those personal reasons you chose to quit DO NOT change.

I feel sadness when I realize one of our people have fallen off. I use that sadness. I reconfirm with myself on my reasons for quitting. How I feel now that I have quit, I remember the times when I was drinking and remember the bad things. I want to remember so that I don't lose perspective on WHY I quit.

So use it. When you're sad, reconfirm why you are here. List your pros and cons. The pros of sobriety are awesome!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by 4health
longer than you I think but here's how I deal with it. I live with my husband who is a drinker. Yes I am ecstatic when he is not drinking but when he does drink, I don't allow it to ruin my own progress. You can't let others drinking affect you. You quit for your own personal reasons. When some one you know and love drinks and or gets drunk, those personal reasons you chose to quit DO NOT change.
Hi, 4health. As you probably know, my live-in fiance of 5 years is an active alcoholic. No, I don't allow it to ruin my progress, though I get irritated pretty quick when his brain is discombobulated. But at least I know he's not going anyhere, and if something really bad does happen, I can be there for him.

I won't allow anyone else's relapses affect my progress, either.

I feel sadness when I realize one of our people have fallen off. I use that sadness. I reconfirm with myself on my reasons for quitting. How I feel now that I have quit, I remember the times when I was drinking and remember the bad things. I want to remember so that I don't lose perspective on WHY I quit.

So use it. When you're sad, reconfirm why you are here. List your pros and cons. The pros of sobriety are awesome!!
That's some good advice, 4health, and I thank you for it. I guess I just need to make some hard decisions about how involved I want to be with regard to other posters' progress.

xo

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, Vic...)
Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I think the Captain's been busy. He did come yesterday but didn't post. And he posted less than a week ago.

You had me worried there for a minute.

I also worry about NA4Me
Old 10-03-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ama has been missing too for quite a long time. I have to believe she is okay though, as she was in treatment and getting lots of help, for herself and her son. I hope she is just busy living.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I miss Sherbear5104.......
Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MissB)))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

Where are you at I am missing you too

Love Vic
Old 10-08-2005, 01:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Maria83 is both alive and well. We keep in touch semi-regularly, she lives about a mile from me.

NA4today, last I heard, was going into some sort of two month treatment in the beginning of Sept. I imagine we'll be hearing from her in the future.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Mootpoint?
TED?
Bluesman52?
mnj1024?

Hugs and prayers to all that still suffer in any way!!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What happened to Winter Princess and her original thread for that matter?