Me

Old 12-01-2002, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Me

I just wanted to tell all of you one more time how blessed I feel by finding this website. I will also tell you the very edited version of a long story to fill you in. I am going to start posting on the alcoholics side of the website. My drinking in the past several months has escalated...or progressed me into a fear that I am in the developmental stages of a serious problem. I feel it is important to let you all know that I never posted drunk, so everything I said was of a clean mind. I have just had some serious eye opener stuff lately. I will still come by but I am a little worried about separate camp issues so please bear with me as I grow.

Thanks again for everything.
Anne
Old 12-01-2002, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

BikerPrincess--I just wanted to wish you all the best. You've taken a big step by admitting to yourself the extent of your addiction, and I pray that you get the help that you need. I'm sure that many on the boards will be here to help you----and I know that those of us on the Alanon board will support you in any way we can. Please come back often, and share any needs you may have. God bless you in your journey----One day at a time!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Biker,

I'm proud of you for taking a huge step that you feel is necessary. You always have a home here, as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to email me or private message if you ever need a shoulder. I'll keep you in my prayers and will be checking the 'other side' to keep up with you.

Hugs.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Biker princess,

What a huge decision you have made. I wish you all the best...see you on the WIR forum??? That is women in all types of recovery. And we get along just fine!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 12-02-2002, 10:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Bikerp -

come on over...our arms are open and welcoming you!!!!!

I admire your honesty, and like me, you are welcome everywhere!!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks all of you so much. I am going to my first meeting Tuesday and am both optimistic and Scared to Death. I have been without since Saturday, which is does not deserve huge applause as I have done that before, but the difference is I am craving a little and I have gotten so routine in having a glass (or bottle) of wine in the evening after work, and today I didn't. Did I want to? Hell Yeah. My friends and family are a little shocked at my decision, most of them discounting my problem, which seems so vice versa to me, but I am definitely seeing negative progression. hey I feel lucky i didn't have to destroy everything first!!! Anyway...I will come by tomorrow....Thanks for the WIR idea...I will post tomorrow night and confirm (to myself) that I did it. Thanks again.......Ain't recovery grand????

P.S. My "playground" is full of partyers and I would not have had the strength to admit to myself or anyone else if I had not found this website. Until I meet a few people in AA. You are my only support....and I appreciate that .

Anne
Old 12-02-2002, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

BP,
hugs to you from me. Only you can say whether or not you have a problem with alcohol, and it sounds like you are taking steps to make sure that your recovery is complete. I am very proud of you. Keep coming back and posting here... in my home group they say that AA helps a person stop drinking, and Al Anon helps a person live with and around other people! Most of the AA people I know end up in Al Anon as well to learn how to deal with the process of living life.

HUGS
Osier59