Notices

I smoked

Old 09-25-2005, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I smoked

so this weekend after beeing sober and turning down pot for 4 days i smoked...i keep saying tommorow.....so today is monday im ******* quiting...i found out like some folks said in my last thread that you have to find new friends..oh how true that is..so anyway i hope this doesnt continue..the only person that can stop it is me...so would it be better to stop cold turkey or kinda back it off untill i dont need it anymore?..tell me what you think...well i hope you all had a good weekend i did lol
Old 09-25-2005, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Some1)))
Welcome to SR. Look around in the NA and the Substance Abuse forums; read the stickys on the tops of those forums and post often. Many people here are in your shoes and can help you. But, it's true we need to look at the people, places and things that trigger us. Only then can we make good decisions.
As far as quitting now or tapering off...well...my son has NEVER been able to taper off, as much as he's tried. Using triggers the desire for more. It's a half way measure. Although there is a group of thought that says it's possible, I've seen no one on this forum whose had any luck that way. Why prolong the inevitable if quitting is what you want to do?
I wish you luck, and hope to see you here often as we both grow in our recovery.
Shalom!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Welcome Back you know for me I still haven't quit that is too hard of a word for me but I have not had to use for 177 days now so that is great but how did I do that. Well I did it just for today, and somedays I had to break that down to just a heartbeat, but even though I went through a lot of sh!t (some was good) I didn't use, like they say one is to many and a thousand is never enough, and I know that I have had enough for Today. Hope you keep coming back and posting.

Love Vic
Old 09-26-2005, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

You can be successful if you don't stop trying.