Notices

Day 4

Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Starting Over

Day 4

Hello everyone! Today is day four for me! I'm feeling stronger about it everyday. I just think if I can make it three days I can make it through today and the next three days too! It's really amazing what positive thought will do for you.

I'm driving people crazy however. I'm so excited about staying sober that I'm trying to get others to join me. My ex mainly because I see that he has a drinking problem and I know that he doens't want to admit it or deal with it. I'm not pushing, but I just keep reminding him of how much better his life would be without it. How much better he will feel and the example he would be setting for the children we have together.

The great news is I told him about this web site and how much it is helping me and he finally checked it out. That's a start. I'm hopeing he will read some of these posts and his eyes will be open to how wonderful it really is to be sober through this life. Thanks for all the support everyone----Running
Old 09-25-2005, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One day at a time...

Congrats Running!

Day 5 here and counting!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4!! It does get better! Stay positive & good luck on the ex!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Glad you are still here. Keep on going and it will continue to get better.
It is always hard when those we love are in active addictions. Hypothetically I could talk to them, try to tell them to change, till I'm blue in my face. It may or may not work. All I can do is lead by example. I am a living testament to the power of recovery and can only pray that the ones I love will see there is a new and better way of life.

Congrats on the time
Old 09-25-2005, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((Running)))) Congratulations on 4 days! Everything will continue to get better each day! Welcome to the new joys of your life!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Midas

Congrats on the 4 days so far!! Funny how some of us become instant zealots overnight when the fog lifts. Why can't we ALL be sober? (rhetoric)

Old 09-25-2005, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Running, go for it.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((Running))))

Isn't that amazing how seconds lead to minutes, how minutes lead to hours, how hours lead to a day, and how a day leads to another day, then another day, then another day,............ONE DAY AT A TIME. Glad you are here.

Love Vic
Old 09-25-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 4 is pretty cool. You got that monkey off your back, but he is still hanging around waiting for his opportunity. It's great you feel stronger now, but be careful with the devil called alcoholism. He always lurks in the back of your mind.

Someone told me after day 3 that I just went through the easy part. I said BS. Nothing could be worse than the 3 days of hell I just endured. But what he meant was picking up that first drink becomes easier as you become stronger. You start to think you got it licked, but once you let your hands down King Alcohol will hit you with an uppercut and knock you out.

Stay humble and congrats. It's a damn good feeling not having to drink, ain't it.