I really thought I could handle this?

Old 11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really thought I could handle this?

I keep asking myself, why am I worried or a little upset about this whole holiday thing? I am trying very hard to be chin up about this, I mean the holidays with my A at home were few to none, he would always be late or whatever or high and half drunk. But I guess in some sick way it still felt like a "family" . He still would come home and tell me what a good job I did on everything, how good everything was. I really just want to get past it all. I deserve to feel happy about the holidays...

Ok, and the thought of Christmas? And him being with the other woman and her kids? That morning? Makes me sick thinking about it. It also hurts.

I need to keep in mind, he rarely hung around though very long that day before he would want to be out, drinking or using, I need to tell myself that.

Geeze, I guess these are just my crazies acting up on me! Thanks for listening.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

bonbon your not being crazy!!

Just do something really special for yourself because you are worth so very much and Do Not forget that. I think that we all become more emotional around the holidays.

I always try to remember the real reason why we are celebrating them in the first place and it seems to put things more in perspective and I feel more thankful for what I do have and I feel very Blessed!!!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Bless you,
matters
Old 11-27-2002, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

Holidays are a tough season for many of us, and we just have to do the best we can to make them happy. Remember, each Holiday is only 24 hours, and often there are extra meetings this time of year for this same reason.

One of my best holidays, was a Christmas when my husband was working and my son was in another city on the street, and I went to a recovery house that is special to me and where I speak occasionally, and volunteered to help with their dinner and visiting with those who has no family to go to. I wrapped up Chrismas candy, cigarettes, little recovery books, some gloves and scarves, and made sure everyone had a little gift. It was one of my best days ever.

Just plan something nice for yourself and don't think too hard about what the rest of the world is doing. You are special and what you do with your day can be special too.