Notices

Trying to live right!!!

Old 09-20-2005, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to live right!!!

I'm 31 years old and I've been drinking and using since I was little (off and on) but for a long while now it's been more on than off. I have been in and out of sobriety and right now I'm just trying to get back. I am a testimony to the fact that when going back out it progressively gets worse. I know sobriety and the joys it can bring along with the difficulties. I like being sober, my family wants and likes me that way too. So I'm ok right now but fear tomorrow, so as it is said one day at a time and I just need to find my strength, hope, and spiritulness once again!!!! I am really tired of the roller coaster ride Iv'e been on the ups and downs the extreme highs and lows the drinking not drinking. I just want to live a stable good life (don't we all)? So I hope I can find the tools in which to do so!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome lexie, you will find alot of good people here and good recovery. just take what you what and leave the rest.
good luck and keep posting
dean
Old 09-20-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family Lexie!! So many wonderful people here who understand what you are going through. We are here to help.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lexie1213
I just want to live a stable good life (don't we all)? So I hope I can find the tools in which to do so!!!
Welcome, Lexie. Phinny, here. Alcoholic / addict. I found the tools you mentioned in the rooms of AA. When I first went to AA, I found people who understood because they had been there themselves. I found hope for a new life. I found the willingness and courage and strength to stay sober one minute, one hour and one day at a time.

Go to a meeting and see for yourself, k?

hugs,

phinny