More blogging...feel free to tell me to...

Old 09-18-2005, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More blogging...feel free to tell me to...

take it to a REAL blog site.

I took the kids to church this morning while my husband cleaned the furniture and carpet (they ARE sparkling). He does not go to church with us. Aside from our wedding and the baptism of our children, he has never been to church in his life. I find that sad. I went to church every week growing up and find a great deal of comfort and peace from the weekly "sameness" of it. The kids were antsy (as we had taken the summer off since they did not offer the children's service in the summer) but happy to attend Sunday School and had a lot of questions after filling up backpacks to be sent to Texas for children who are homeless after the hurricane. I listened to a great presentation from a member of our church who spent a year in the MIddle East. Fascinating and humbling.

We had a little get together this afternoon. 2 other couples. One of the men is my husband's drinking buddy. It is odd to see him with his wife in a social setting, he is a very different person. Quiet, sober, bored.

My husband was a good host and tried very hard to hide his beers from me. I pretended I did not notice....as I was busy engaging in some LONG over due celebrity gossip with my friends. So, do YOU all think that Kenny Chesney is gay?

Tons of good leftovers in my fridge and my husband has NO cash until his next payday, so we have a bit of respite until Thursday at least in terms of his drinking. Oddly enough I have come to HATE Thursdays....although now that Survivor is on, maybe there is a glimmer of hope that I can "survive" it.

I love my kids, in that they welcome any children into our home with open arms and play their little hearts out. They went to bed easily and exhausted.

So, really...I am finding this theraputic and don't feel comfortable with the "tell all" on the other messages boards in which I post, so thank you for the forum in which to do this, however if it is too totally off topic...I will find a blog site.

Thanks,

Jenny
Old 09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

1. Good for you for not commenting on his beers.
2. IS he gay? I heard the fraud part, but didnt know THAT was the reason..do tell.....
Old 09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I didn't find your post off-topic, Jenny, so please feel free to blog away. Now for the celebrity gossip, perhaps when Renee checked the "fraud" box on the divorce papers, she meant that he claimed to be a man...and he wasn't! Or perhaps he's actually an alien...I'm sure the tabloids will fill us in.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Jenny))) this forum is for sharing. And that's what you are doing and I love you for it. You are a shining example of detachment and I bet you help so many people by telling us how you do it.

As for Kenny - drugs/STI/infertility/homosexuality all sprung to mind. Whatever it was, it hit home that whirlwind romances are not a good thing for me. To meet, marry and file for divorce in 8 months is a bit much.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ugh!

Jenny,

Don't think you need to find a blog site either, I really enjoyed reading your post.

Think Chesney was just trying to sell cd's with that "you had me from hello?" Hmmmm, I'd divorce him for that song too...EEEEK

Hugs,
~FaithChaser
Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep writing.........I like it, and find it helpful. Life is so daily....so is recovery. Nice to see it fitting in the everyday.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
brightlight

I really like your blog here and you are so calm that you calm me down. Your husband sounds like mine and I hate Wednesday, which is pay day, but every other week and for the first week it is not fun and then when we RUN OUT of money he calms down some, so the second week is better. My kids are like that. They play and play and they welcome other kids in and give them food and when they go to bed they fall right to sleep. Mine went to Sunday school yesterday and brought their stuff home and told me what they did and l looked at their pictures and stuff they colored. AH never asked what they did and never looked at their stuff and never does. They look so nice with their good clothes on and he never says they look nice. He did take them and pick them up, and he did not drink yesterday, but was not in a good mood. Always pouts when he does not go to the bar. When he goes to the bar he is in such a good mood and talks talks talks. Sorry I did a blog on your blog. LOL
Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im not sure what Blog means.. but if casual normal conversation is it... BLOG AWAY. I LOVE how you could not only detach but also was able to focus on the IMPORTANT things in life *chuckles*

My daugther and I went to church yesterday and it was SO emotional. The talk was of generations, how to reach different people different ways... he made a comment about how people get lost, like the child that committed sucide last week, he was from my daughters school... and my daughter lost it.

We sat down and I held her and the most amazing women came up and asked if she could pray with her... which she did, seems her brother committed sucide a long time ago and she had the experience/emphthy to give my daughter. Amazing how it all works some times.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank-you Jenny for the post. I felt like I was at your home enjoying the party. I listen to a women every morning at 5:30 am and she has help change my life she is a preacher. I do not know if I am susposed to put her name on the web site. Anyway, she went over breeaking generational curses. This made me finally decide that this maddness has to stop today! not tomorrow not in a hour now! and it started me off on a path to changing how my girls will be raised. I can send you a private post if you would like me to tell you what this ministries is. She is cristian based. Sorry I'm tring to type fast husband is comming!

Thanks for the post.

If kenny is gay i will just pass out!!!! kenny on the beach with no shirt on in is viedo kills me!!! I think he must of made her some false promises. Hay so did my husband!!!
Season premier week good shows on....

hugs
nand