Please somebody help

Old 11-25-2002, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Please somebody help

Hi everybody please someone give me some advise,My son as just rung and hes really really drunk,im so scared hes going to miss work tomorrow,He as just taken my youngest to bowling,My youngest is 14,but then sent him home at 10 30 after that he keeps ringing my son very very drunk,And my youngest son keeps trying to put me on, But I know that wont get anywere he will just keep talking and talking it will get nowere.My youngest is still talking to him while im on here and i keep saying hang up on him but he wont.I know now my youngest needs Alateen,What am I going to do.My oldest daughter got her ear bit off 4 mounths ago that was a nightmare my son rung me at 5 in the morning saying she had been in a fight and the other girl had bit half off her ear off.I keep telling them that there is a illness in the family but they wont listen.When are they going to die,or when am I going to die.Please help someone
Old 11-25-2002, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Abigail

Your last line disturbs me. Are you thinking of dieing or of them dieing? You have quite a handful going there, but you don't have to go through this alone. Call someone for help. A crisis centre will hook you up with people who can help you. Al-anon can teach you to let go of their problems and AA can help you handle your own.

You sound at the end of yoiur rope, and there is help out there for you - just pick up the phone and call.

My prayers are with you.

Last edited by Ann; 11-25-2002 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Abigail,

Just read your post and I am concerned for you. Did you call someone? If not, call a Crisis Hot line. There should be one in your phone book. An AA crisis hot line, or an Al Anon #. Abigail, there are people out there who want to help you and will understand.

Let us know.
Hugs!
Old 11-26-2002, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Abigail,

I agree with the other 2 posts - there are crisis intervention lines that you can call any hour of any day and someone there can help...

In reading your post, I read much chaos for you I found myself quite concerned for you.

Alcoholism and addiction are a family disease and if noone gets up and asks for help in whatever manner is needed - it will stay just as it is... through Al-Anon, I found I was not alone and my story was not that unique - someone out there had been where I was.... someone understood.

Please keep posting...

Keeping you in my thoughts!
RedAPBT
Old 11-26-2002, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Abigail,
I hope you are ok? I agree with these posts, call a crisis center. SOmetimes our life is so crazy and we think we have to live with it and not get any help. Reach out. You reached out to us and we are there for you, now reach out for some more immediate help. Send us a line we will be waiting to hear from you.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Keep reading these posts!!!

Abigail, my heart is with you and the problems with your children. How hard is it to have our kids call us so drunk----and often late at night when things always seem worse. It tears a mother's heart out to think that she can't control what the children do---regardless of age. My daughter is 31 and an alcoholic. She lived hours away from me, and would often call me late at night---very, very drunk---slurring her words to the point where I couldn't even understand what she was saying. She finally hit bottom about 5-6 weeks ago and called me for help. She just got out of rehab on Saturday, and moved in with me. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not, but was willing to give it a try. Things are going well so far, and she seems to want to work on her recovery. I'm also working on mine---because this disease affects us all!! The one sure thing that has helped me is the wonderful people I have met on this message board and the people I met at Alanon meetings. I'm new to both, but I realize now that I can't control my daughter and what she does with her life. I don't have any other children at home, but I do have 2 grandchildren from my other daughter. My granddaughter is only 7 years old, and is surrounded by people who drink too much, especially her dad. She was so happy to hear that her aunt was going into rehab, and asked all kinds of questions. She keeps making remarks as to "why" her dad doesn't go into rehab to get help also---and I don't know what to tell her. I just found out that there are groups now for younger kids---I think it's called Ala-tots, and I will take her to meetings if her dad's problems don't resolve. She is much too sensitive already to these problems---with her dad, aunt, and many of her parents' friends who drink. Get yourself some help, Abigail---and inquire if your other children would like to go to Alateen. I'm sure you would all benefit from the help you'll gain there. And, as the others have said----seek Crisis intervention if any of you need it. Don't be ashamed to seek help. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LET IT SLIP AWAY!!! There are so many of us out here who TRULY understand. Please read these posts and write us about any problems we can support you in. Best of luck with everything. LACEEJOE

Last edited by Laceejoe; 11-26-2002 at 08:25 PM.