Out of work for 2 weeks

Old 09-15-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of work for 2 weeks

AF broke his finger at work yesterday. So now he will be home for 2 wks. I feel sick to my stomach. I know whats coming and Im so nervous and cant wait for the to weeks to pass. I will hope for the best but expect the worse.
I did not know he broke his finget until he got home last night and when I saw him the first thing in my mind was oh great hes going to drink tonight and its gonna be bad..when my first thought should have been oh my god are you alright!! strange very strange!! well he only had 4 beers last night so that was a good thing. I know hes TRYING to be good since we had such a bad episode this past weekend.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Labbylover -

What can you do to keep busy so you don't go crazy? Can you go to an Alanon meeting, volunteer at a soup kitchen? You don't have to sit at home watching him and driving yourself crazy..

Go to movies, hit the gym, get a hobby!

Alanon is a great way to spend time with people who know and understand what you are going through!

Minx
Old 09-15-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know I do need to get some hobbies. When you go to the Alanon meetings have you ever run into a neighbor, friend, someone you know?? Im worried about that
Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have yet to meet anyone from the "outside" world in Alanon..It's also a confidential program so anonymity is strongly stressed..

Alanon is a great support group..Truly it has helped me so much in the past 1+ year I've been in it..I've gotten alot of love and understanding..

Hope you will consider going..