She's Home!!!!

Old 11-24-2002, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

She's Home!!!!

Good Sunday morning!!! Just wanted to thank all of you wonderful people who wished my daughter and I well on her homecoming. We had a wonderful family group at the rehab yesterday before she was discharged---and the staff have all said that she did a complete turnaround in the 26 days she was there!! That was so good to hear. I know that the work begins now----and prayers and posts would be greatly appreciated. She went to a meeting last night, and said she met some wonderful people. The place where the meeting was held was called The Clubhouse, and she said it was great!! She plans to spend time there with others in recovery---there are pool tables, tvs, and all kinds of sober entertainment. Sounds like she's really going to try this time---and I am very hopeful!! I wasn't sure if I should go to work this morning (I have a long shift!!) since this was her 1st full day home, but she encouraged me to go---and said she wants to attend a couple meetings today, check her e-mail, etc. I'm going to go to work and place my trust in her that she is legitimate in her plans for the day. Only time will tell, I guess---and my 3 meetings at Alanon this past week have helped me to realize that she and I both have our own issues and journey. I'm sure that we will have some rocky times with 2 adult women attempting to live together after having seperate homes for so many years---but we're planning to give it a try. Any help from you wonderful people would be greatly appreciated. You've helped me already----and I thank you for having this board here for people like me to turn to. It's so nice to know that NONE OF US ARE ALONE ANYMORE!!! Have a wonderful day---regardless of what your plans may be.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Laceejoe

Just want to wish you and your daughter luck, love and the joy of recovery.

She has tools now and even if her road gets shaky, she is stonger than before. They say that the real recovery begins after the progam is over, and I send all my best wishes for her to have a wonderful healthy life.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Laccejoe, I was so happy to read your encouraging post! My daughter still has her ups and downs. I'm hoping it has to do with her hormones. She's thirty eight weeks pregnant now and pregnantly miserable.

I'll be praying for your daughter.

Please keep us updated.

Your friend, Cookie