Notices

Apology of Sorts

Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Midas

Apology of Sorts

Deep down, I feel I owe an apology to SR and all the members. I haven't quite been my usual self, and some issues have recently surfaced. If I'm not myself, then who am I? Hmmm. Wait. Don't answer that one.

There's a delicate balance to sobriety. That balance is easily tipped towards delusion on one extreme, and tipped towards self-denial on the other extreme.

In either case, relapse is almost certain. Strange though, both extremes are the root of over-confidence. It can be avoided.

I apologize for my recent outburst of anger, and venting it inappropriately in plain view of the newcomer zone.

That's just wrong. I feel like a hypocrite, since I'm the one wanting to set a good example. It wasn't fair to take pot-shots either, by accusing you of not caring. That was hateful--wrong in both literal and moral terms.

Regarding the stipulation ''having a right to be wrong'', doesn't give me the right to be evil, to lash out at others unprovoked, or to hurt others simply because I'm hurt. When that happens, all my experience, strength, and hope just go flying out the window.

So, upon taking the suggestions from a couple members, I will take a short break away from the boards. Maybe a week.

With that being said, I sincerely do apologize.

Peace Be With You,
~Midas~

Old 09-13-2005, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

We will be waiting you return..
WE LOVE YA !!!!!
Becky
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midas
If I'm not myself, then who am I? Hmmm. Wait. Don't answer that one.
Oh our dearest Midas....heck I'll never know who I am, I kid you not, but today that's not an issue anymore. We're all unique in our own way aren't we?

Sorta rough being human isn't it? we battle so many emotions especially working on getting ourselves SOBER and staying there.

Personally I think it's good you let your feeling show a bit here, makes you HUMAN, we can't be happy all the time as much as we'd like to.

If you need time from SR that's ok, sometimes it's really needed here, I know myself when I read a lot of sad posts it really gets me down, we can't fix the world Midas....but we can fix ourselves and while we do that it does help others right? but what do I know?

Take care of yourself ok, when in the mood do a lot of this heck do it anyway.

Peace be with you too.

Love ya....Denise
Old 09-13-2005, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Midas,

I will miss you, take care.

nogard
Old 09-13-2005, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

If I'm not myself, then who am I?
I think they call that interim period 'a miracle in progress'.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((Midas))))

I think that we all have been there and done that, I know that I have and I once made an appology thing here at SR, OMG some of that did not come of so good either, but You know what we are both clean and sober that is the main thing right now. In the Big Book it talks about what you said but it says "That most of us had moral and philisophical sp conviction galore and we could not live up to them even if we wanted to." You know Midas I am only human and I am going to make mistakes the rest of my life it is what I do after I make the mistake that matters. I know if you are like me LOL that before the week is out you will visit this site, you might not log in LMAO but you will come back to see if there are responses to what you said or not, so if you are like me and read this before that week, log in I need you.

Love Vic
Old 09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((Midas)))) I will miss you too ...........xxxxxx
Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

I don't see your apology as necessary.. maybe I missed something? Or just seen a helluva lot worse behavior ... hurry home.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks Chy I took that personal LOL My behavior has been a heck of a lot worse than his but then again here I am with that measuring stick out LOL

Love Vic
Old 09-13-2005, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will miss you Midas!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by Chy
I don't see your apology as necessary.. maybe I missed something? Or just seen a helluva lot worse behavior ... hurry home.

Hey , I don't see your apology as necessary either, I guess that's why I didn't address it when I posted back to you. But that was probably not the "proper" way for me to handle it either. See, we are not "perfect".. None of us are sweetie. That's ehy we are here. Althought those that aren't here are not perfect either.. I know of only one supreme being, and not everyone believes in the god of my beliefs.
Vic, I have not seen any of your " naughty " lol behavoir on here eitther...
I must have missed that. Hey face it, we have ALL done and said things we later regret.. Both here at SR, and also out in the world.. That's what life and growing is about. It's just best when we learn from our mistakes, or even what we PERCIEVE as our mistakes.
I do feel it is best that we leave posts out of the newcomers forum that are in anyway argumentive. That doesn't mean that i have never posted anything in that manner. But that is MY belief. I fear a newcomer being frightened off.. That's the reason. I wouldn't want that to happen.
No matter what,
WE WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WITH OPEN ARMS SWEETIE!!!
as always, Becky
Old 09-13-2005, 05:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Midas
I was not aware of what led to this, but it takes a big person, being really honest to apologize and come clean like that. What a great example. Talk to to when you get back.
JMHS
Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Midas

Originally Posted by luckyv2
I know if you are like me LOL that before the week is out you will visit this site, you might not log in LMAO but you will come back to see if there are responses to what you said or not...
You've got me pegged on that point. Thanks for all the responses. You know I couldn't stay away for more than a couple days at the most.

A common coping mechanism for depression is overeating, but I tend to do just the opposite. I haven't eaten in two days. Today I went to the store and bought a big bag of Golden Grahams and a bag of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. The cookies were on special--2 for $5. Yummy! Breakfast.
Did you know Cookie Crunch cereal is still around? I used to love that one when I was little. My Mom would sit me in the shopping cart, and I would stuff my face with Cookie Crunch as she shopped.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chy

...oh boy.. I see this going into a cereal thread.. *LOL*.. co co puffs!..good to see ya!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((( Midas ))) WE are works in progress.Great 10th step stuff!
Bless you,
Trish
Old 09-13-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Hi. Before I address your important first post...the important stuff. They still make Cookie Crunch? What store did you find it in? Please tell me it is a chain!

Deep down, I feel I owe an apology to SR and all the members. I haven't quite been my usual self, and some issues have recently surfaced. If I'm not myself, then who am I? Hmmm. Wait. Don't answer that one.
You are who you are at the moment. That's really what I believe. We all have really bad moments, the key is to letting the good outweigh the bad.

That's just wrong. I feel like a hypocrite, since I'm the one wanting to set a good example. It wasn't fair to take pot-shots either, by accusing you of not caring. That was hateful--wrong in both literal and moral terms.
This is what I'd like to see more often. An apology. We have all written posts, I bet, that we aren't the proudest of. But most of us don't have the guts to later post- I WAS WRONG!

Regarding the stipulation ''having a right to be wrong'', doesn't give me the right to be evil, to lash out at others unprovoked, or to hurt others simply because I'm hurt. When that happens, all my experience, strength, and hope just go flying out the window.
It can be hard to walk downstairs, go out the door and pick Hope off the ground under that window. But it can be done. I think this post is the first part of that process.
Peace Be With You,
~Midas~
And also with you.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Midas

Originally Posted by Chy
...oh boy.. I see this going into a cereal thread.. *LOL*.. co co puffs!..good to see ya!
LoL Chy. Did I just hijack my own thread?? ROFL.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Paused

I must have missed something also. I don't know why you are apoligizing, but thank you. I will tell you this...Banana nut crunch is fabulous. Don't stra to far from the boards Midas, we need you here.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

[QUOTE]
You've got me pegged on that point. Thanks for all the responses. You know I couldn't stay away for more than a couple days at the most.
Hey Midas I just learned how to do this wrap quote thinnggiieee today so I had to try it out here to see if it works.

You know my friend I was really going to be pissed off if you didn't make it back before the 29th cause I want my chip from you LOL, see still self centered to the extreme.

Love vic
Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Midas

This stuff is still around too. OMG. I found the Cookie Crunch at Fry's Marketplace. It's one of the stores in the Smith's/Smitty's/Kroger/Fred Meyer/King Soopers (silly name)/Ralphs Supermarket chain.

NetGrocer doesn't carry it. But Fry's Marketplace (not to be confused with Frys Electronics) website has an option if you want to request it online from their 'hard-to-find' Specialty Store;
http://www.frysfood.com/