Notices

Hello...I need help Please

Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello...I need help Please

Hello, Im new here and If someone could point me in right direction of this board it would be great. I am the Fiance of an alcoholic. He has alwasy drank and I knew that but since we moved in together 2 years ago I see it all.....
He has always been a happy drinker, funny, the life of the party. But lately (and only with me) Hes angry, mean, says things that are so hurtful says things that never even happened or even exit. He has been wetting the bed (god im so embaressed)
and the couch!!! where ever he falls a sleep. Its so gross and I just dont know what to do... I want out so bad at times but when hes sober hes the man of my dreams. He drinks @ 3 days per wk.
Help!!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there! Welcome to SR.

I think you'll find lots of people who can identify with your situation on the Friends & Family of Alcoholics board, use the drop down list at the bottom of this page.
sorry to hear what you are going through, there's lots of 'stickies' you can read to help you make some decisions about your problems.
Stay around and learn all you can and keep posting
Old 09-12-2005, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang the unwashed sheets on the clothes line for all the neighbors to see or take a walk before going to bed like you would a dog.

I don't know, maybe he has a bladder problem if he is p!ssing all over himself when he passes out watching TV.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and

Welcome!

He has no bladder problem...he is a drinker.
Many of us do wet ourselves.
And we become more angry and mean as we progress in our disease.

Yes...the Friends and Family Forum is a good place for you.

Blessings to you both...
Old 09-12-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GURUJAKE

Step 1 is him recognizing that he has a problem

There is very little you can do with or for an alcoholic who denies that he has a problem. Once he does, you have several options if he truly is an ideal partner when he is sober. As a recently admitted alcoholic, I finally realized what affect my drinking has had on those around me after one stint in rehab and 5 months on and off the wagon. Perhaps he just doesn't see it yet. As far as wetting the bed goes, if he truly only drinks three times/week and drinks heavily on those days, it is possible that he is experiencing withdrawal symptoms on those days/nights that he doesn't drink. One of the most frustrating withdrawal symptons that I experienced was severe night sweats which left my bed, couch or wherever I was finally able to sleep absolutely drenched.