Alcoholic Dreams...

Old 09-02-2005, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholic Dreams...

For anyone who's asked me about how the baby and I are doing and when he's due, we're doing great. Everything is going smoothly with him, and even the doctor said I've had a boring pregnancy (that's a good thing!) He's scheduled to be delivered on the 16th of September via C-section. The C-section is due to my having a previous section and I couldn't get comfy with the risks of a VBAC. Hopefully he hangs in there till then. I have my doubts, he seems awfully ready to me. lol

Anyway, I was just sharing something that's been blowing my mind lately. They say towards the end of your pregnancy you start to have alot of vivid dreams mostly centered around the baby. I guess it's a reaction to the stress and fear that can sometimes creep up before birth. You know what's sick though? I'm having very vivid dreams yes, but not about the baby. They're all centered around abf being drunk. I have since lost track of how many dreams I've had about him being drunk. Different places, different senarios but he's always hammered. Don't worry, nobody needs to whack me on the head for me to realize that my sub-concious is hooked on something really important. Obviously my focus is not where it should be.... it's STILL stuck on abf and I really do need to do something about it.

As far as abf goes he of course swears that he would never get drunk like that around his child. That remains to be seen I guess. On the one hand, I sincerely believe he means it and that he doesn't want to. On the other hand I also believe he doesn't have as much control over it as he thinks he does. In other words, he may not intend to drink that much but he can't always stop himself. That's been proven before.

This weekend is kind of a little test. My parents are out of town this weekend and I've told abf that since I'm so close to going into labour that he should be around and he should be sober just in case someone has to get me to the hospital. Most of the time my parents are 5 min away if he happens to be gone but this time he's the only one I can rely on. He agreed, so it will be interesting to see if he can restrain himself. If not, I guess it's definite proof that his responsibilities mean nothing. We'll see....
Old 09-02-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sound really calm, sweetie - that's fantastic. I can't wait to be Auntie Minnie again (after Day's little one).

You look after yourself and the babby. I'm thinking of you every day.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Be careful with that expectation of having him to rely on. Make a backup plan of having someone to help you.

Good luck, stay safe and take good care of you all!