Notices

New Orleans......

Old 08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

New Orleans......

I am watching Dateline and they were in New Orleans and I am overwhelmed by what is going on there. I feel so helpless. What can any of us do? There are SO MANY people still stranded in homes there with no way to get out. What a horrible feeling. I thank God for my health and saftety today. My prayers are going out 1000-fold tonight.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

It's terribly sad, and it hurts to think that the rest of the US can go on pretty normally
about our days, while there is so much suffering going on there, so close to home, well or anywhere really
That is also why we MUST do whatever we can to help.. Even though they will need more help in the days to come, right now they REALLY need money, and I'm sure BLOOD.. So everyone PLEASE do all you can, which is money right now, and no matter how broke I am, or how many bills I have, I am still going to send money out, they have NOTHING,a nd are living in stadiums, or where ever..
We can always pray...
I sent an email out to everyone in my adress book, urging everyone to do all they can, and pray, and pray.. God will hear us.. We don't always understand his plan,,, but he does have one, he is there, and I'm sure his heart is breaking.. We don't understand..
Just pray, please, give money, and blood, for now that's all we can do..

Love, Becky
Old 08-31-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

(((Laura and Becky))) Big s

You are both oh so right; they really do need help. This hurricane has devastated so many; and there is a way we can help. By contacting the Red Cross. They have a website where we can donate whatever we can spare.
Their web address is: http://www.redcross.org/ Or we can call their 800 number: 1-800-helpnow. This is what I have chosen to do; to help in the only way I can. And of course they need all the prayers we can give them. It is so heart breaking. God bless them all.

Love, Bonni
Old 08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

I haven't had a chance to catch up until tonight and was shocked at the severity, last I heard it wasn't going to be bad... so wrong they were. I'm praying hard.