Notices

Fill Up Your Tanks

Old 08-31-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Thumbs down Fill Up Your Tanks

The news said that gas is going up 65 to $1.10 for gas depending on where you live by the weekend.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

protest gas prices, war, for cleaner enviroment.....on 911 walk for peace....
Old 08-31-2005, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Many probably know of this site.

If not try http://www.gasbuddy.com/

I find it very helpful. It lists ever changing gas prices by state and city.

Gas prices can vary quite a bit, even on the same street.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

The terribly sad thing is that, in Mississippi, I believe, they just showed lines that ran blocks, and blocks and blocks and so on, long, of people waiting in line to get gas. They are running out in those areas, and say there will be more areas running out..

Love, Becky
Old 08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Toronto it's 119 a litre....105 a litre here....almost 4.50 a gallon and it's gonna climb more......jeepers, where I live it's to far to walk to any destiny needed. Guess they won't be happy till places start to shut down....it definatly affects everything. It will be like a snowball affect won't it? Hmmm is there a depression soon in the works?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Think yourselves lucky - it's about $1.70 here in the UK and has been around there for years.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just out of interest, what size engines do all of your cars have?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

I only know that I have a small car, it's like a 4 or 6 cylinder.. What ever that means

The gas where I live was at 2.84 yesterday, and 3.29 and some higher today, tomorrow will be higher yet,because I know we are still cheaper than alot of places. My husband drives semi ( very scarey business to be in right now) and he saw gas at 2.85 or so today, but still other states are higher, it's going to get BAD, but can you imagine what it's going to be like this winter?? We are going to freeze to death, my house is NOT energy efficent at all, the heat goes right out the roof, windows , OH HECK, it goes right out the walls, no kidding, it's very cold in the house when I have the heat at 74 in here, because of the lack of insulation. I live in Wisconsin.. ewww, cold..
I do pray we don't lose more elderly people this winter to freezing to death,,

Minnie, your gas is cheap..

Honestly, I am afraid of what is going to happen in the months to come, jobs??? The costs are going to be SO high,,, BUT, BUT,,,, I feel terribly guilty even complaining about anything, even if I fear it, we arre so much more fortunate than so many people,, there are so many people suffering, and so many dead, ( I'm sure).. It does make my problems seem small. Many, many people's houses are completely washed right away, as if there never was a house, and EVERYTHING they own.... So sorry..
So I can stand some cold, and I will cut costs more... so I will be ok, no matter what....

Love, Becky
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Hey Becky, I think the price Minny was quoting was per liter, that is almost $7 a gallon!!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't understand why people are not writing to president Bush and asking WHY we are paying these prices. For OIL? We have everything to make our own oil here. We have natural resorces. WHY are we not using it? I don't get THAT!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Oh, sorry That's high.... OUCH...
Old 08-31-2005, 06:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I took my daughter to the doctor yesterday morning at 9:15am. On the way there, the gas was $2.49. On the way home, less than one hour later, it was $2.89. This is insane. I am really concerned about what is going to happen to our economy. And don't even get me started on why we can't ask Pres. Bush about ANYTHING!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

My husband came home and said they have some phone # out there that one can call if any of the following happen, because these things are illegal?

The stations raise their prices more than ONCE in 24 hours.
They can not raise a price while you are filling your tank, (well they can, but they have to give you the cheaper price)

There were a few other things they can't do, but I'm sure they are..

Becky
Old 08-31-2005, 09:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
fire dancer

ok don't get me started,but............we are so spoilled here! in th US we have the lowest gas prices & the biggest gas guzzling cars! & the oil companies own the copyrights to all the tech that would liberate us!....it's true we can run cars on electricity, or oil fryer byproducts & even water! ......ok thaat's all i'll post for now but le's take a look folks!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
fire dancer

ps is this "war" about oil or terrorism or WHAT is it about other than son doing daddy's retrobution?.........cuz' any answers they have given us do not hold true
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Here in Wisconsin, we have a chain of fast food/Ice cream place called Culvers ( YUMMY, I don't know if it's a national chain? but)
there is a man that has a car that runs on the USED cooking oil that comes from CULVERS... He pulls up to culvers and they give his their used cooking oil.. Pretty cool huh?? I guess he had it made that way or something, and he only uses the oil from Culver's.. There are a few around, and he just goes to different ones and fills up
I think it's neat and creative.

I think the gas prices are bad, BUT i worry so much more about the heating this winter.. It's going to be bad...

Love, Becky
Old 08-31-2005, 10:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

This isn't a very good place for politics, I have found out in the past. But there is a forum down below the main page called ANYTHING BUT YOUR NAME..
I feel close to people, even though I don't know them. Thats why I don't want to start on politics..
I may be the only one left that likes Bush here. I don't even want to go there...

Love, Becky
Old 09-01-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Anyone on here from Georgia?

They really up the price to $5.00 a gallon? The news I was just listening to said they have.

http://www.energybulletin.net/7431.html
Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

becky - i have heard of the cooking oil conversion - i think it has to be a diesel engine for them to do it. good for him!