Notices

Starting all over again

Old 08-28-2005, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Starting all over again

Well I blew it and caved for that drink and didn't stop! But then the other day i dumped it out and put my foot down that i could climb back on the horse again. Im going to go to my first AA meeting this week and am going to keep coming back here. I just feel so scared and alone. I know it passes but im just
so sad. I need all the support i can get. Im going to keep posting and trying AA.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

great start. focus on today.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kerry -

I used to live in Colorado and there is a lot of drinking that goes on there - or maybe it is just everywhere period. One thing I am trying to do is not hang around anyone who drinks a lot or smokes pot.

I had a slip two days ago because I found some pot in a dwarer and like yourself, I got rid of it once I realized what I was doing all over again.

So really we just need to get back on the horse and keep getting back on if need be.

I think whatever you do for support is a good thing. I think getting around and hearing from other sober people will help.

When I lived in Colorado, most everyone I knew drank and did drugs. I am not sure if I had not gotten away from my old crowd, I would be doing this sobriety thing today now that I live in Akron in relative social poverty. LOL.

But I also know I would have to do what I needed to do anywhere I lived or around anyone with whatever habits. But I have a feeling it will help you to know in whatever way possible, that you are not alone!

keep up the good work!

Catherine
Old 08-28-2005, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good plan...

AA is working great for me!

Blessings...
Old 08-28-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kerry,

Good on you. You're not going to get anything here but support and understanding from folk who've been where you are now.

If you stick around here you're going to have to get past me if you want a drink - and I could obstruct for England. - Try the AA and see how it works for you - there are loads of other ways if it doesn't feel right.

I'm off to brew a coffee. Hopefully see you around hereabouts.

Deg.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((((((Kerry)))))))) You are doing just what you need to do. Hang in there and get to some meetings. If you go with an open-mind, look for the similarities, and ask for help, you will not be disappointed.

Hang in there.

Hugs--