Dr. Phil tomorrow

Old 08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dr. Phil tomorrow

Tomorrows show is a repeat about the alcoholic whose wife beat him when he got drunk. I watched the show the first time and this woman was way out of control.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I saw it the first time and her absolute rage frightened me. I honestly thought that when they got home the Dept of Family Services would be at their door to take the children and that we were watching the prequal to a murder.

It was interesting...but if you watch it I suggest you have no children around. I would also like to find out in one of his follow-up shows if she learned any self-control...she was scary!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I listened to the story of a woman in an Alanon meeting I went to talk about how she gave her husband 2 black eyes. He then drove himself to the hospital and they admitted him to detox him. Deyfuss was called in because there was violence in the home with children present. They said they would check back in a week but did not follow up for FIVE months! Upon their return he was still drinking - the deal was he was to get into AA immediately. The day after their return trip he missed AA, so the (husband beater) wife said - "either go to AA or get out- I won't lose my kids over you". Apparently he has not missed a meeting since.

I must say I was shocked to hear this story - because of HER behavior. Violence is violence- regardless of who does it or why. He never hit her- so it seems. And she laughed about her story.

I thought it mighty bizarre and sad.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes. Go to Dr. Phil and you can view some of the video that they shot when the cameras were in their house. http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/524/
Old 08-25-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Wow!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

I saw that show - it was sickening and scary - his alcoholism, and her rage were both out of control.

Robina
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never saw a follow-up show about them. I'm hoping they will have one when the new season starts. I really feel sorry for their children.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like a horrible situation. I can relate to the rage she feels but I have NEVER gone as far as she has gone, thank goodness. She really needs to get some help for herself. She is very sick too as the result of his addiction.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybet he rage is a control issue for her. Yes, it could very well be related to what she witnessed as a child. A vicious cycle. Didn't see the entire show, so definitely not an expert.

She is very sick probably due to living w/an alcoholic and also unresolved childhood issues, etc.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Guess that was kinda how I was last weekend. I can see how this disease could cause that reaction. I'm NOT SAYING I WAS RIGHT....Cause I was sooooo wrong. But I do understand.

I saw the show on Dr. Phil and I thought it was horrible. All I could think of was, why does this woman keep herself in a situation that brings out so much violence. For the kids, it's just not worth it.

Kinda puts me in my place. Hopefully I will have enough strength to not to allow that to happen again.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dakoda
Yeah, those unresolved horrible childhood incidents definitely come back to haunt you at some point in life. It's so harmful for children to witness abusive conflict between their parents. They grow up thinking it's normal...and the cycle continues.
I completely agree. I totally remind myself of my mom sometimes (although she was not married to an alcoholic). Her actions and what I've seen as a child has passed on to me. I need to stop it so the cycle does not get passed on to my kids.