Notices

diazapene?

Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

diazapene?

hello, Ive gone seven days without a drink.in the last two days ive taken diazapene as prescribed,I dont feel like a drink but have noticed my old thoughts coming back . Im not suffering withdrawals but almost feel like upping the dose of the pills, Im not going to , i will go to bed and sleep.Is it normal when recovering to feel embarrassed by the issues that I have evaded by drinking.It feels like I will be an insecure 11 year old again once i finally do get properly sober.Its funny, i never realised I was such a big weakling.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

You'll here it mentioned quite often that we begin growing up from where we left off the day drinking took over our lives. Yes it's normal to be that scared kid again. But using a means of support that works for you will make the process easier. Welcome!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done for going 7 days. You only have to do it one day at a time. It gets so much better going to bed sober more and more regularly... honest.

Keep up the good work!

Old 08-24-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb

Well done on your week!

How long are you planning to use the drug?

Be very very careful...a lot of us switch one addiction for another.

Blessings...
Old 08-24-2005, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies.....I dont really want to use the drug, I find reading helps,When things stress me out, those things mainly being my own thoughts and reactions I am glad that the drug will send me to sleep rather than on another insane journey.I plan to use it only as long as i have sorted out a residential rehab, only if i feel i really need it.I was seen straight away today by the welfare people while zonked out a bit on the drug,I know from past experience when i have gone and inquired about getting help. They have taken one look at me and said, you look ok to us, you dont need our help, you have the intelligence to sort it out for yourself.......if only they had ever seen me at my worst.I see that my sickness is relative to me,I know I am better off than a lot of people, but that doesnt change the fact that i also know how sick i am and what i am capable of doing if i dont get full control of myself.