Notices

Search for local suport

Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Search for local suport

Is there a way to hook up with locals in my erea online? Be nice to meet people to have coffe with or whatever. Or is that what the aa meetings are for. Going to my first one tonite. Nervouse
Old 08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Hiya StayinAlive! Welcome to Sober Recovery!!

Here's the Greater Vancouver Area AA link;
http://www.vancouveraa.ca/directory.php

Don't be nervous. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I believe there are a few members of the forum that might be in your nearby area.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Thanks for the link......went to the meeting. Turned out it was for men.....so......they let me in lol. They were very compasionate and willing to help. We coverd step one cuz it was my first meeting eveir. It was interesting that each of there stories had the same theme. So i could relate to every one of them.. They all never heard of SB though. I gues i have to educate them ......
I was wondering, does everyone use the big book? Is there other good books, ......I asked about other books and they said the big book is all you need....Hmmmmmmmm???
Old 08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi StayinAlive...keep going to meetings and you'll keep stayin alive. There's other books besides the Big Book. AA publishes a number of books but for someone new to the fellowship you should concentrate on the BB from the preface to page 164. That's the recipe for sobriety. I wish you well.
God bless