Notices

Just started detox and need people to talk to... =\

Old 08-19-2005, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
is all I need

Just started detox and need people to talk to... =\

Well, first off I'l like to say Hello to everyone and thank you for viewing my thread.. I wasn't sure where to put this, or even what to say.. So. I'm 25 and on April 9th, 2002 I was in a HORRIBLE car accident, it was a miracle I didn't die. For some months after we couldn't figure out what was going on physically, I was having horrible migraines (causing me to be bedridden at times), and I was experiencing MAJOR neck, back, and shoulder pain (SEVERELY). I was also dealing with constant body aches and pain. At this time I was on no medication, just physical therapy. Some months later, I FINALLY found a doc who knew his ****, and he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and started me on 7.5 Lortab. So I took it how he prescribed, and the pain became more managable. But after a while I had to take more and more to get the same level of pain relief (I was building a tolerance). This tolerance built up to the point that I was taking 15 10mg A DAY! (3 years later) It wasn't even helping with my pain anymore.. I was taking them more to kick withdrawls than for pain. More importantly, it was having a major effect on my body (i.e. liver, bowels) I decided it was time to be DONE with it all and find an alternative way to manage my pain. I knew I couldn't go through the withdraws without some help, and did NOT want to get on Methadone, so I began my search for the right doctor. After several wasted appointments and alot of money spent, I came across the 1 doctor in my city who's licensed to prescribe Suboxone in an outpatient setting. He took me as a patient AFTER he closed the office and I started treatment Tuesday. Day 1 was so-so, Day 2 was not so good, Day 3 was better, and now I'm on Day 4 and feeling a little better...

I'm wondering if anyone else is on or has done Suboxone treatment so that I can chat with him/her and see what lies in store.. Also help with ways to cope with the physical/mental issued I HAVE and WILL BE having... It'd be awesome if someone on this board who has a chronic pain condition like mine and has had a similar situation could give suggestions that have worked to manage without pain meds. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!! I'm open to any questions, I don't have all the answers, but I'd like to help if I can!

Thank you all again for listening :hugehug
Old 08-19-2005, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Another Texan. I was born and raised in Texas.Welcome to SoberRecovery.I havent done suboxone myself,but there are plenty here who have.Type it in and do a search.You should find plenty here.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
is all I need

Thanks
Old 08-19-2005, 11:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and congrats on wanting a better life.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No problem.Im just glad your here.I love seeing newcomers join.Stick around.This place is addicting.You will find a lot of support here.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
is all I need

Originally Posted by AngelHugs
Welcome to SR and congrats on wanting a better life.
Thank you so much.. I'm feeling better already!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Closure
He took me as a patient AFTER he closed the office and I started treatment Tuesday. Day 1 was so-so, Day 2 was not so good, Day 3 was better, and now I'm on Day 4 and feeling a little better...

I know those up and downs. Glad you are seeing them for what they are. For me, they have been a problem. I'm just now realizing that I will have ups and downs and that it is okay. I don't have to be Miss Chipper 24/7.

I'm wondering if anyone else is on or has done Suboxone treatment so that I can chat with him/her and see what lies in store.. Also help with ways to cope with the physical/mental issued I HAVE and WILL BE having... It'd be awesome if someone on this board who has a chronic pain condition like mine and has had a similar situation could give suggestions that have worked to manage without pain meds. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!! I'm open to any questions, I don't have all the answers, but I'd like to help if I can!

Thank you all again for listening :hugehug
Try a search on the sub. There are a couple people here that take it to help.

I'm also chronic pain...they thought I had FMS too (looks like MS misdiagnosed) and chronic migraines. It was the migraine medicine that got me in trouble. For me it was Fiorinal. Nasty stuff.

Sorry to clip parts out of your post but I wanted to make sure the board would let my reply through without being too long.

Welcome-- I think you will soon realize you are among friends.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have no experience with Suboxone but I want to just wish you best of luck, you can do this.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Closure,

Welcome to SR! CHeck out the Substance Abuse section, there are plenty of us who are on Suboxone. I took that route after 10 years of unsucessful home detoxes from opiates. I would go thru terrible wds, but never manage to stay clean for more than a week or two. I decided to put a stop to the cycle, and, like you, found a sub doctor to talk to and eventually to put on the sub. I feel it's such a wonderful gift! It allows me to re-learn how to live without being 'high'.

Of course, as you mentioned, the medication is only part of the treatment - there is alot of emotional issues (and physical, in your case) that must be dealt with. My doc requires me to go to weekly therapy sessions and meetings to help.

I know there are more than a few members who are/have dealing with opiate abuse & detox as well as chronic pain. Hopefully some will reply here with some wisdom, if not, repost down in SA.

I wish you all the best - keep us posted on how you are doing. If you want to talk about sub in more detail (ie experiences, dosage, side effects) send me a PM!

Much Love: SS
Old 08-20-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you for sharing, Closure!! And WELCOME again to SR!! Congratulations on finding the Suboxone and getting off the other!! Keep writing and letting us know how it's going, OK?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Just wanted to welcome you to SR closure, keep coming back.

nogard
Old 08-20-2005, 01:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Closure,

Welcome and I'm glad you're doing so well.

I have Fibromyalgia and it took me about 5 years to find the right dr who could figure out what was going on and how to treat it. Now, I'm doing really, really well.

If you'd like to PM me anytime, I'd be happy to share my story with you.

Love, Anna