Instant Messenger Address List

Old 08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Lightbulb Instant Messenger Address List

Brothers and Sisters, It is IamEnough, your recovering codependent ACOA friend. This is my question. Who would like to add their name and IM address here? I for one would really like to be able to chat with others from time to time, especially when I am:

1) Feeling down and really need a lift from other ACOAs who understand what I am going through...

2) Feeling really great and want to give a lift to another person in pain as my Higher Power has asked me to...

Honestly, this forum has saved my life. But sometimes I wish I had one on one talk time available to me, if another person is comfortable with that. Man, when I travel for business I feel down a lot at the hotel and would really appreciate a friend to talk to.

I will start it out - my IM service is MSN Messenger - [email protected] I normally pop it on at lunch breaks, and often in the evenings especially when I travel.

What do you think? Does anyone else want to add their IM address?

Much brotherly love,
Old 08-16-2005, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Steven;
While I can appreciate your enthusiasm, I would like to caution you...This message board can be viewed by anyone on the net. Putting your IM contact on the board *might* get you unwanted messenger contacts.
Did you know that SR has a chat function? Here is the link:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=59
Each night there are meetings. Also, you can go and chat with someone should you like.
Thanks for sharing your recovery!
Shalom!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Historyteach, Thanks for your concern. I guess I never had a problem with unwanted IMs, but if I did, I would just block them.

For me, talking to others in recovery from codependency is healing and is worth it.

Much brotherly love,