Notices

My situation

Old 08-16-2005, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My situation

Ok. Hi. Im 21. After a long period of being constantly cracked out a bunch of stuff happened and I got out of it. I went to jail for 45 days and then returned home to stay with my parents. I'd been sober for like 65 days all together when the went out of town for two weeks. In the span of 2 days I dropped 430 dollars on hard. When they come back into town and find out the money is missing I will be on the street. Ive never really felt like this. I tried. I swear I tried not to take that first hit. I have 6 days to do sometbing. I cant come up wiht the money. And I cant tell anyone I lost it. Im dying here. Any thoughts?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes: the truth.......it is always best; and it always comes out anyhow. Cut your loses, clear your conscience, and do the right thing......it is easier to live with everything else when you can live with yourself.

Maybe it is time to do something about the addiction? What you have been doing doesn't look,from here at least, like it has been working. Life doesn't have to be this difficult.....but you will decide.

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be honest and tell the truth like pick-a-name said. In my opinion $430 ain't enough to throw your life away and I doubt your folks are going to toss you out in the street if you are SINCERE about quitting. If their house is nothing more than a temporary flop house until you get your next fix, then I wouldn't blame them for kicking you out. Maybe you haven't hit your bottom yet which I believe is a necessary evil to live in order for a good majority of us drunks and drug addicts to seek help.

You mentioned that you have 6 days to do something. Getting help and not getting high is the main thing. The money is the least of your problems right now. Don't do something stupid like rob a liquor store in order to get the cash. $$$ will only buy you time until it hits the fan. Pray to God in those 6 days too.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont think of their house as a flop house. But thats what they will think. I really and truley have no clue what to do here. I just dont see how it happened so fast. Its like I cant believe I blew it. I was so close and I fell. I fell at the finish line.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jack

Your disease made you do it!

Hi Dellsi....I hope you know you're an addict. You're sick and there's only one thing you can do to overcome your disease. Notice I didn't say 'cure' cuz there's no cure for addiction. We can however learn how to defeat the symptoms. Like lying, cheating, stealing etc. If I were you with 6 days before your parents get back I'd check myself into a detox/rehab. Do you have health insurance? If you do you should be able to get in some facility ASAP.
If not I'd go to a hospital and tell them that you want to kill yourself. Based on that any hospital will take you in for 3-5 days to keep you from hurting yourself or others. Your parents know you're an addict so it should be a pleasant surprise to them that you are going into detox/rehab without being court ordered or even family ordered. Go and try to get admitted for a 28 or 30 day program. I know I'm telling you this so you can explain away the money but I hope you see the money isn't as important as you getting well.
If you'll steal money from your parents now [B]the next step is selling yourself [/B] on the streets. NO JOKE. You're not the first crack ***** I've known. Hell, you're not even a crack ***** YET. But you will be soon if you don't get your act together. I wish you well.
God bless